Three new 'homemade' mods!!!

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
Well as Im still running in my new forged engine waiting for my mapping day to come round I thought I would try and make the best of what I have by doing a couple of simple DIY mods. Yes removing the EFI pipe and air con and relocating the filter would be better but that didnt work out so Im going to see what I can do with the EFI pipe and air con in place.

Firstly I removed some temporary heat wrap from above manifold I had bodged on a while back and got hold of some proper adhesive heat wrap tape, removed the EFI pipe and completely wrapped it all the way to the turbo.

Secondly I got hold of some thermal sheilding and cut out my own manifold heat shield which will hopefully deflect the heat away from the EFI pipe. This alongside the wrap will hopefully do a half decent job!

Thirdly I bought a 63mm Samco coupling and found an alloy reducer from an old Impreza induction kit I had and relocated my HKS filter to the front of the bay. Im not sure this will get any more flow but at least it gets rid of two more 90 degree bends as well as shortening and smoothing the inlet track.

100_1253.jpg

We shall see what I can get power wise on the 30th!

dac69er

Super Moderator
where did you get that stuff you made that heatshield out of? does it seem any good? making a heatshield for my mx5 airfilter and may use that if its worth bothering with?