Time between searches

Craig_GT

Lifer
Just a wee question, how come the length of time before starting a new search has increased from 30seconds to 45seconds?

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between searches. Please try again in 4 seconds.

Im always skooting about on here and its a pain when this keeps poppin up.

Craig

Gryzor said something about this in another thread also. How are you going about searching are you just just the search box that drops down or are you using advance search?
Christy

Craig_GT

Lifer
Both mate, plus after you search and then if you click new posts it comes up with the same message cos effectively its "searching" again.

I have only noticed this today, the 30sec only came up now and agin but obv 45sec is a bit longer so you have to wait.

Craig

Both mate, plus after you search and then if you click new posts it comes up with the same message cos effectively its "searching" again.

I have only noticed this today, the 30sec only came up now and agin but obv 45sec is a bit longer so you have to wait.

Craig

Strange it isnt happening for me. It may be a feature built into the site to stop it overloading with people searching.:confused:
Say you click New Posts then straight away click New Posts again does it allow you to do that? I mean without doing a search just clicking New Post twice.
Also what theme are you using? Gone try the other themes for me to see if they make any difference. If not I will have a look into it for you.
Christy

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
with the amount of clicks and searching from users there has to be some time cos of flooding. i guess dylan noticed this and upped the seconds... if this is not done then we will see the performance of the forum going down

Dont worry chaps it will be sorted. Basically the server went down unexpected and the amount of traffic we were getting when it came back up was too much and would have made the forum very slow. So Dylan has put in a 45 second search until things settle out a bit. I say it will be back to normal in a day or so.
Funny enough I did a search to find this info:haha: See below for details I know its an old thread but read the last post:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29007&highlight=search

Christy

Craig_GT

Lifer
Strange it isnt happening for me. It may be a feature built into the site to stop it overloading with people searching.:confused:
Say you click New Posts then straight away click New Posts again does it allow you to do that? I mean without doing a search just clicking New Post twice.
Also what theme are you using? Gone try the other themes for me to see if they make any difference. If not I will have a look into it for you.
Christy

No mate, wont allow me to click twice.
am using tgttlite at work and the normal on at home-both have same problems.

Craig