times for taking the engine out of a starlet

jimmer

Member +
right, i had an idea earlier in the week, just how long does it take people to take an engine out?
basically from driving a car into a garage, to having the engine beside the car on a crane?
i ask because on tuesday i was goin down to help out mi16chris in anyway i could takin my engine out. he txt me sayin he would be there at 11 to start, but i could only get there for 12:30 and the engine was out already lol!
just gave me an idea to see how long does it take people?

oh yeah, and he had it done all alone, with no helpers lol

alan_d

Lifer
I know wee phil and ryan_v have done a transplant in 4 hours which was pretty good, can anyone beat 1year and 8 months for the blown 4efte to be swapped in my old EP82??? I payed over £700 for the priviledge too!

Lloyd and me had the engine pretty much out (totally dissasembled) in the kitten in a few hours.

jimmer

Member +
in fact alan, did i see you in barry's on monday at the car game machines???? lol i think it was you but you mustn't have recognised me if it was.

alan_d

Lifer
haha indeed it was!

Leanne told me afterwards that someone said hello, but I swear the excitement of getting on one car game must have muted my hearing!!! I was seriously pants on Battlegear 4, I cant get my head around it, Im totally at one with the thing on battlegear 3 in the oddysey. maybe im gettin too old lol!

Im genuinely very sorry I didnt hear ya or I would have stopped and said hello!

Was it just me or is barrys gettin really pants?
I spent a quid in it then headed back up the road to the other arcade. Leanne cleaned the place out of over 1000 tickets on the fruit machines lol, shes a arcade managers nightmare lol!

again, sorry I missed you :(

jimmer

Member +
yeah no worries man, i didn't think you recognised me lol. yup, barry's has got to that stage where even i feel too old for it, AND I HATE BLOODY PRAMS!!!!!! i swear my akles are torn off me after it lol.

Jules-B

Member +
that sounds rather quick acutally

Ive managed to do an engine conversion on an N/A Mr2 to turbo mr2 in a day:)

That includes all the loom and everything. Never tried taking a glanza engine out though