Tomei FPR Help!

MahadGT

Fresh Recruit
I have a Tomei Fuel pressure regulator, on cold start gauge shows 2.5 bar when the car gets warmer it drops to around 2.0 bar, im planning to raise boost to 0.8 bar, so today i tried to raise the fuel pressure but its not rising its sticking to 2.5 bar, it is able to decrease pressure to 2.0 bar but not increasing more than 2.5 bar, does it mean i have a weak fuel pump or a bad FPR ? fuel pump is 100lph.
Recently i had blown piston no. 1 while running 0.7 bar boost, i don't know why did this happened coz of running lean or i've doubt the timing was advanced too much from distributor by a mechanic.

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
100lph is lower than the stock pump isnt it?

stick a decent pump in it and replace the fuel filter and see what you get then. if its still not right then its the fpr.

MahadGT

Fresh Recruit
Don't know when the filter was last done, i bought the car a month ago so no clue when the last owner had changed the filter, and the car is Charade GTti swapped 4efte, stock pump of GTti is 100lph. i've bought another pump it's walbro GRJ285 don't know the specs of this pump (may be its 190lph or 255lph) will set it in tank then will see if pressure rises or sticks to same 2.5 bar.

Last edited:

MahadGT

Fresh Recruit
Changed the fuel pump now the fpr is working fine, that was a faulty fuel pump, now replaced with a walbro 255lph, just curious to know what should be the standard/normal fuel pressure for a 4efte ? i don't have a wideband with me, so just want to make it a bit rich, is 3.5 bar is okay ?