tong turbo ct9 hybrid

carrington865

Member +
any 1 on here using one; what sort of power did you make?with what mods?

i just ordered 1 and am a lil bit excited to get it :p:p

Spoonz

Member +
i havnt got one but alot of ppl are seein 200+ with all supporting mods and ecu's etc u wont be dissapointed

dac69er

Super Moderator
has a broader powerband. overall the top end performance you can achieve isnt much more than a good stock ct9.

it doesnt just boost up then loose puff at the higher rpm range. it seems to just keep going.

96v

Member +
im also in 2 minds to order 1 my mods are:

Hdi FMIC
SPS decat
SPS manifold
HKS Adjustable actuator
Apexi full system exhaust
Front mounted air filter

with one of these hybrids running at 0.7 (till i get my emu) wot kinda of power shall i be expecting?? (i have tried searching for this)

Spoonz

Member +
im also in 2 minds to order 1 my mods are:

Hdi FMIC
SPS decat
SPS manifold
HKS Adjustable actuator
Apexi full system exhaust
Front mounted air filter

with one of these hybrids running at 0.7 (till i get my emu) wot kinda of power shall i be expecting?? (i have tried searching for this)
each cars different mate but i would say around 160+ but so many factors to take into account

96v

Member +
hmmmmm lol, thats a slight bit less than i expected!!! how do those mods only add like 20bhp?? :confused::confused:
i no factors like engine condition etc are taken in2 account but i was hoping for a little bit more

dac69er

Super Moderator
under fuel cut you cant gain alot on these cars. you gain most performance from increased boost and an ecu of some sort.

carrington865

Member +
i am hoping for 200bhp when get it fitted and mapped with eman blue. will have low setting at .7 bar and high at 1.1-1.2 bar.
its more about the torque gain with these hybrids tho aint it?

dependin on results i may buy a new intercooler, runnin a RX7 tmic at moment. which i think get under rated

96v

Member +
hmmmmm yeh i spose that's true, so wen i get my emu and crank the boost up to 1.1 bar i should see a bit more of an increase??

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
hmmmmm yeh i spose that's true, so wen i get my emu and crank the boost up to 1.1 bar i should see a bit more of an increase??

I've seen around 215 from them. Under fuel cut you won't see much because you won't be fueling for a hybrid, the MAP sensor see's pressure and nothing else and 0.7bar on a ct9 is less air than 0.7bar on a hybrid. The ECU will see the 0.7bar and assume it's a CT9. Once you get management it'll be party time.

96v

Member +
I've seen around 215 from them. Under fuel cut you won't see much because you won't be fueling for a hybrid, the MAP sensor see's pressure and nothing else and 0.7bar on a ct9 is less air than 0.7bar on a hybrid. The ECU will see the 0.7bar and assume it's a CT9. Once you get management it'll be party time.

i like the sound of it, one must start saving the pennies for an emu!!

carrington865

Member +
i like the sound of it, one must start saving the pennies for an emu!!
or you could get the emanage blue. does a good job from wat alot of ppl have sed on here. obviously the emu is better but blue is easy adequate.

i have read on here (or maybe uksc) b4 where ppl have made like 190-200bhp with fpr and a apexi SAFC. FCD too

96v

Member +
im gna try and stay away from an fcd, il prob just run low boost for now and make sure shes fuelin ok, then wen i have the funds get an emu, i no the blue is more affordable but the emu is better so ill spend the extra bit of £££££

carrington865

Member +
and a apexi SAFC it allows you to trim down the fuelling. but the money it cost to get a FCD, fuel pressure reg and the apexi safc you may as well get a emanage blue or summin like.

ALaN

Member +
jezza ran 222.4bhp @1bar but I think the dyno was on happy customer mode
thats with a blitz access ecu and the power curve was awesome as mentioned above it didnt run out of puff at all.
the tester only took it to 7k rpm and the power curve was still on the rise!