Too rich mixture at boost

schlander

Fresh Recruit
Hey Guys

I have trouble driving my Glanza because it is running to rich at boost. The turboboost is at 0,7bar/10psi, but it some times peaks at 0,8bar...
At full throttle it feels like the engine is holding a bit back?

Mods: 2,5" exhaust, KN-filter, FMIC, another actuator and a turbosmart bleedvalve.

Here's some pictures running the car and two videos..

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

Videos, just click on them

Paul_JJ

Member +
I think mines runs very rich at boost as well, but I don't understand why, the ECU and fuel pump are standard. I have a Sard FPR and wonder if that is the problem, the funny thing is if I recet the ECU it runs fine for a week or so, then gets rich again.

schlander

Fresh Recruit
The car is standard becide the mentioned mods.... I have tried to reset the ecu, run it with and without the hi/lo function with no difference.

Chris@CCM

Member +
i allways found once u turn the boost up at all over stock they run very rich get a fcd on there with a rrfpr u could set her up ur self man

Ashrafi

Member +
have you tried to change the plugs? i had some kind of same issue lately,the car holds back on full boost,done all kind of testing and it turned out to be the plugs.

Navi

Member +
It's probably the FPR, you dont need that kind of fuel mods on 0.7 bar.

Set it to 1.0 bar and try again.

I'm running 1 bar as well with stock fueling, only FCD. And mine also runs the rich side on boost low 11's

ep82morzy

Member +
^ you run 1bar of boost with no fueling mods just a fcd?that sounds abit risky to me...no fpr mods or uprated fuel pump?

Navi

Member +
Well actually i have a inline walbro 160lph and a greddy emanage blue, but i only use the greddy as a FCD.

Other that that, nope.

Just open air filter, mani, downpipe, exhaust, big FMIC etc.

And i have a AEM wideband to check, it's fine, been running for almost more then a year now.

The car is a EP71 starlet.

front.jpg

topdown.jpg

Gonna up the boost to 1.2 bar soon and add some fuel with the emanage, and get it professionally tuned on the dyno.

Car goes like a madman.

Movie: http://www.4agte.nl/starlet/2012/boost.mov

Last edited:

ep82morzy

Member +
Ah rite so there is standalone management then..that's always a bonus,I litters ly thort you had turned the boost upto 1 bar and just turned the fcd to stop fuel cut haha..starlet looks nice aswell under the bay buddy

Navi

Member +
Well basically that's what i did mate, the greddy emanage isn't doing anything. not adjusting fuel or anything. It's only functioning as a FCD.