Top speed limit

studoc72

Member +
Can any 1 tell me what the best and cheapest way to get rid of the top speed limiter on my glanza? get to what im led to believe is around the 112 mark although i think its closer to 125 and its like hitting a brick wall. Any help would be appreciated cheers

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Does not make sense bud?

it does, get a speedo converter, so the needle and trip will then read in MPH and miles respectively. In general it just slows the needle and trip down in ratio of KM : Miles

Failing that, an HKS SLD or the likes will do the job, but more expensive

studoc72

Member +
Ah so just use the Convertor that goes on top of the Gearbox between it and the speedo Cable? I was going to put in indiglo gauges anyway so thats a good cheap way of doing it any1 tell me wheres best to get this part cheaply?

dark_knight

Member +
speedo convertor

i'd suggest the kmph-mph convertor too. if you can't get it off t-dev, you can look around for someone breaking/getting rid of theirs..

studoc72

Member +
Yeah found them on TMD cheers guys found the gauges on japstyling.com 110 euros though :O little steep lol im sure they were 65 quid before ha

dac69er

Super Moderator
dont buy a cheap speedo converter. they dont last as long and after a few miles they start to make the speedo wave about at low speeds.

dark_knight

Member +
wobbly speedo

@ dac69er: talking of which, my speedos have had very interesting behavior. on my previous glanza s, it used to wobble around 20/30kmph then steady at above 30kmph. on my current glanza v, it stays at nought until about 25kmph then suddenly jumps up and is steady after that.. :) lol
i'm sure i'm not the only one. ps: i don't have a converter yet..

i'm guessing it's a weak point of the car but nothing too serious to worry about. plus, it's always worth remembering that these cars have seen a decade+ of different owners so they can be pardoned for some faults.. :D

dac69er

Super Moderator
probably worse in your country due to it being so hot and dry. could be worth removing the inner part of the speedo cable and lubricating it with grease. this reduced the wobble on mine by quite a bit. mine is only really noticeable on a really hot day

Rory

Lifer
Really??
No issues with mine and its been in there from before i bought the car in Feb 2005!

dont buy a cheap speedo converter. they dont last as long and after a few miles they start to make the speedo wave about at low speeds.

dac69er

Super Moderator
my mate bought 2 cheap ones until i convinced him to spend a little more and its been fine since. not all cheap ones are bad, but they do tend to be a lower quality.

its like anything, sometimes your lucky, and sometimes your not!