toyosport??

dark_knight

Member +
just recently installed mine. can't speak on it just yet but hoping for the best. it looks the part. have braced it at two points and hoping to wrap it some time. it should be fine if you ask me.. :)

STARLET N/A

Member +
to be honest your better off getting a second hand quality setup like zisco, wepr or racetech.

too many problems with toyosport setups. they can be made to last if they are braced but i have herd of warped flanges and cracking just about anywhere.

you cant use the toyosport gaskets either.

dark_knight

Member +
true STARLET N/A, but remember, it's a cost-effective item for those who may not have the dime to get the mentioned brands at the time of setup. you get what you pay for. i totally agree with you on the gaskets though. i had to make a custom one for mine..

dac69er

Super Moderator
Skim the flanges and use 2 stock type gaskets on the mani to head flange and a new genuine subaru gasket on the mani to turbo glange and it should be fine. My mani to head flange was warped like a banana!!!

Also make sure you have some kind of bracing for longevity. Most important is the brace the downpipe to the block or gearbox to hold the weight of everything. Mine has been on 6 months and for the money its fine :)

dark_knight

Member +
good advice there dac69er.. i have mine braced turbo-to-block and downpipe-to-block. i had to get a custom gasket made out of drawn outlines from both the stock item and the supplied after-market item. i haven't done the mani-to-turbo gasket though. maybe i should for some peace of mind..

Paul_JJ

Member +
I've seen a few guys who had these mani for years and had no problems! In my opinion they seem to crack a lot if you have old engine mounts! TD04 manis are pretty good for the price, the CT9 manis are horrible, never buy that!

ben10

Member +
very correct i have a ct9 mani and within a week it had a crack down the center... touch wood i have re welded and i havent seen any more since. but well worth going mild steel mani if you can.