Toyota Genuine Fuel Filter part no for Glanza

Fez

Member +
Guys,

I purchased a fuel filter which had the part no mentioned on the box as 23300-19395. However I saw when I got home that there is a sticker on the filter itself which says 23300-11060.
Could this be a case of having the wrong item in the box?

Appreciate your advice, thanks!

dac69er

Super Moderator
If it fits as it should I wouldn't worry about it. There are only a couple of types of fuel filter

Fez

Member +
Thanks Marko. I used the toyodiy site to check for part number ( you gave me the link for a previous inquiry of mine :) ) so hopefully should be a fit. I'm due for a timing belt update and service. So will have a look at it when the car is sent for the service.
appreciate the response
23300‑19395 is the correct part number

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_1996_TOYOTA_STARLET_EP91-AGMQY_2211.html

cant find anything for the other part number ? as said should be fine

Fez

Member +
Guys sorry for the delay in getting back to you'll on this. This fuel filter did not fit. The bottom connector is too long and does not fit in snug (the thread length for the tw ofilters were different. The one I bought had a longer thread). There is a slight leak after. Ill put up a few pics by tomorrow.
Looks like I have to got back and return it.

Cheers!

russyb

Member +
i had a slight leak on the bottom thread when i changed my fuel filter but i put plumbers tape on the bottom thread and refitted, voila no more leaks !!

Fez

Member +
I tried this too, but with our awesome potholed roads, lol. I run the risk of spontaneously combusting in the middle of the road! lol. In any case, I checked and found another filter which fit, though not an original Toyota.

i had a slight leak on the bottom thread when i changed my fuel filter but i put plumbers tape on the bottom thread and refitted, voila no more leaks !!

dac69er

Super Moderator

its a flare nut connection so shouldnt seal on the thread anyway.