Toyota Levin 20v

jimmy77

Member +

southwalesgt

Member +
Thanks for that mate, thought they were rare but not even listed?! Might have to get the reg. plate and see what the quotes come out at

dac69er

Super Moderator
someone will insure it. ring around 1st. nice cars, very rare. not mega quick but have good pace, plus good handling. its basically toyotas version of an integra

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
had one of these for over a year here is a pic
578482_20080127050121_1.jpg

overall great car very good handling and about 160-165 bhp ,there is not much room in the back seats and the super strut suspension is a real bone shaker and is very costly if it goes wrong ,there about the same as a glanza in terms of petrol consumption ., also this is a 6 spped version the bzr i have been told it is a weak box and the bzg is stronger but i didnt have any problems ..

One of the Sera guys moved on to one of these, he absolutely loved it when he'd first got it, generally not heard from him since so I guess he's happy with it!

ep91face

Fresh Recruit
these are everywhere over here in ireland...there decent powered with good handling and only 2 seats in the back so you dont need to cram with people if your goin anywhere with a group

southwalesgt

Member +
Got a few quotes today and they were £1000 more than my GT :haha:

The one I saw was a 6-speed version, very nice example with low mileage but i cant justify paying an extra £1000 a year for insuring something slower than my current car.

Was worth looking at though, handled nice and sounded lovely. As stated above, suspension was a bit firm. If it was turbocharged I probably would have bought it, you know with 200bhp plus but not for 165bhp N/A

Ted

Member +
if youre used to turbo power it will be a big dissapointment. clean ones look good tho.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
as i said these are very hard to get gains out of unless you want to spend big money but i would honestly say if the right one came around i would buy again but definitly take out superstrut and put in a mcpherson setup way more smoother , will always have a soft spot and for who ever said slower that his gt i had the two cars for about a month while i was trying to sell and the levin killed the standard v but its hard to find a standard v these days now :p:p:p

MarcoFTE

Member +
Nothing wrong with those cars. Only issue is that Superstrut is a bit expensive to change (maintenance). They are good cars. Compared to the Honda Vtec engines, the 20v has more torque in the low-end. I saw a movie a while back with a stock AE111 20v against a Civic Vtec in Japan, and the 20v won :) Honda isn't so perfect, no brand is :)