Toyota Levin GT-Z (supercharged)

lingl9z

Member +
Basically looking for some spec's on the Levin GT-Z supercharged and the standard 1.6 silver tops + insurance groups?

Cheers all.

Guye

Lifer
When I get home I'll post a link to a best motoring race. The GT-Z was extremely impressive in it. It came first while the GT Apex was dead last.

lingl9z

Member +
When I get home I'll post a link to a best motoring race. The GT-Z was extremely impressive in it. It came first while the GT Apex was dead last.

Cheers buddy, finding it hard to find info on these and really like the look,can get one atm for 1k so worth ago! :)

addz

Member +
Sorry I can't help much, but I love the look of these

Cool lookign motors:) but being supercharged you're very limited to things you can do power wise

lingl9z

Member +
Cheers guys!

just simple things really like how reliable they are, parts easyish to get, insurance group, common faults, what to look out for when buying etc!

Guye

Lifer
I just checked the link to the video. It's been removed due to copyright violations :(

GENERAL
Body type Coupe
Drive FF
Transmission 5 speed manual
Displacement, cc 1587
Frame E-AE101-ACMXR
Price of new car, thousands yen (Tokyo area) 2252 (~$18700)

SPECIFICATION (SPECS)
EXTERIOR
Exterior dimensions (LxWxH), mm 4300 x 1695 x 1305
Interior dimensions (LxWxH), mm 1700 x 1435 x 1090
Wheel base, mm 2465
Treads (F/R), mm 1470 / 1450
Ground clearance, mm 145
Curb vehicle weight, kg 1150
Gross vehicle weight, kg
Seating capacity, persons 4
Doors number 2
Min.turning radius, m 5.2
Fuel tank capacity, l 50

ENGINE
Displacement, cc 1587
Engine model 4A-GZE
Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 170 ps (125.04 kw) / 6400 rpm
Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 21.0 kg*m (205.94 N*m) / 4400 rpm
Power density 6.76
Engine type Water cooling serial 4 cylinder DOHC16 valveS charger
Engine information
Fuel system EFI (electronic fuel injection)
Turbocharger SuperCharger
Fuel type Unleaded premium gasoline
LEV system (Low emission vehicle) No
Compression ratio 8.9
Bore, mm 81
Stroke, mm 77
Final gear ratio
Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 8.1
Fuel consumption at 60 km/h, l/100km

CHASSIS / TRANSMISSION
Power steering Yes
Tires size, front 195/55r15 84v
Tires size rear 195/55r15 84v
Braking system, front Ventilated disk
Braking system, rear Disk
Suspension system, front Strut type coil spring camber rocker arm attaching stabilizer attaching
Suspension system, rear Strut type coil spring(stabilizer attaching)

Taken from http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/corolla_levin/1994_5/2972/

Guye

Lifer
1600cc 20valve specs

ENGINE
Displacement, cc 1587
Engine model 4A-GE
Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 160 ps (117.68 kw) / 7400 rpm
Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 16.5 kg*m (161.81 N*m) / 5200 rpm
Power density 7.12
Engine type Water cooling serial 4 cylinder DOHC20 valve
Engine information
Fuel system EFI (electronic fuel injection)
Turbocharger No
Fuel type Unleaded premium gasoline
LEV system (Low emission vehicle) No
Compression ratio 10.5
Bore, mm 81
Stroke, mm 77
Final gear ratio
Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 9.4
Fuel consumption at 60 km/h, l/100km

lingl9z

Member +
Cheers for that Guye, rep added :) I will look in to it, at the moment I'm looking at.

Levin supercharged
Vti Civic
b16 (Freshly built) Crx Del Sol
Clio 172
Clio Williams
Mr2 turbo
Kp61 (if the guy still has it I will deffo take it)
S14 (providing I can get a decent quote)

so looking at the above you think the Levin would be a good contendor?

Guye

Lifer
Cheers for that Guye, rep added :) I will look in to it, at the moment I'm looking at.

Levin supercharged
Vti Civic
Clio 172
Clio Williams
Mr2 turbo

With that list of choices the levin is outclassed.

lingl9z

Member +
I'm looking at really - fairly nippy, reliable and fun to drive the bmw I had was only fun when you got the back out, other than that just a big heavy boring lump! I'd love the levin as it's pretty rare around my paths!

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
S/C Levins (well levins in general) are usally high insurance.

If you want fun id stay away from the civic,while they can be fun driving them hard thats all you get,and for them to not be boring they have to be driven hard (all IMO)

Id try for the S14,RWD+Turbo and Jap :)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
IMO any car not driven hard isnt exactly fun. Thats why you buy fast cars to drive them hard. And the civic would depend what engine it has in it. B16a/2 is ok but in the VTI shell its a little lazy as they arent that light, in the CRX its more lively.

Saying that, i wouldnt own a civic VTI or a CRX, only the EK9 out the civics have only ever interested me. Thats just me.

I would personally pick the S14 out the ones listed if you can get a quote mate. Ive had some experience with every car you mentioned there apart from the Levin but they never have interested me in owning one.

Im not really into really old looking car. I think they are super cool but wouldn't own one.

BUT, your choice at the end of the day.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
I had a Levin GT-Z Super-Strut back in 2003/04, and it was a hoot! Nicely set-up, and the charger made for very swift driving, plus, good mpg from memory too. Not demonically quick, but good for zipping around here and there.

mylevinside.jpg

(taken by it's then new owner)

lingl9z

Member +
S/C Levins (well levins in general) are usally high insurance.

If you want fun id stay away from the civic,while they can be fun driving them hard thats all you get,and for them to not be boring they have to be driven hard (all IMO)

Id try for the S14,RWD+Turbo and Jap :)

Cheers buddy, if the insurance on the S14's anything close to the mr2 I should be aright! :)

IMO any car not driven hard isnt exactly fun. Thats why you buy fast cars to drive them hard. And the civic would depend what engine it has in it. B16a/2 is ok but in the VTI shell its a little lazy as they arent that light, in the CRX its more lively.

Saying that, i wouldnt own a civic VTI or a CRX, only the EK9 out the civics have only ever interested me. Thats just me.

I would personally pick the S14 out the ones listed if you can get a quote mate. Ive had some experience with every car you mentioned there apart from the Levin but they never have interested me in owning one.

Im not really into really old looking car. I think they are super cool but wouldn't own one.

BUT, your choice at the end of the day.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, I do like s14's I've also got to take in to account weather they'll fit down my drive way lol as I wouldnt trust it on the street is west croydon!

I guess the best thing I can do is look in to all of them, take a few that I've not driven for a spin and go from there (although I do want something reliable)

I had a Levin GT-Z Super-Strut back in 2003/04, and it was a hoot! Nicely set-up, and the charger made for very swift driving, plus, good mpg from memory too. Not demonically quick, but good for zipping around here and there.

mylevinside.jpg

(taken by it's then new owner)

Yeah I've always liked the look of these cars and very rare around here, having only ever seen one passing through! it doesn't have to be super quick I guess, just fun and reliable! =]

pumbaGT wasn't it?

Ahh that what he moved on to?

Fizturbo

Member +

Levin supercharged
Vti Civic
Clio 172
Clio Williams
Mr2 turbo

OR MR2 TURBO :rockon:
Plenty after market parts available.

riko666

Member +
Phew, a positive sign in my failing memory

Unfortunate for him though, how long ago was that? Also, the GT-Z's are equipped with the SuperStrut Suspension and associated brakes upgrades aren't they?