Electric Windows
Electric Folding Mirrors
Central Locking
PAS/ABS
Drivers Airbag
Front Fog Lights
Rear Spoiler
Wind Deflectors
Ice Cold Air Con – I've only used it 3 times during my ownership and works spot on
Factory Fitted Boost Controller with Hi and Lo Setting (always ran on standard boost)
Comes with original Toyota Starlet mats (rare to find)
Original toolkit located in the spare wheel compartment

The Glanza will also come with the following:-
All previous MOT certificates
Number Plate Authorisation Certificate from the DVLA
Registration Certificate
Cobra Cat 1 Alarm and Immobiliser Certificate of Installation, Invoice and User and Fitting Instructions booklets.
Toyota Starlet Glanza Japanese Brochure
Starlet Hyper Rev Brochure

Price and Price Conditions

£3200
No Part Exchanges

Reason for selling

After 2 years of successful and solid reliability, the Glanza V is up for sale very reluctantly. My workplace relocated from the outside of the city centre of centre of it at the beginning of this year. As a result of this no parking is available and alternatively I've had to use public transport. I can park about 1.25 miles away from the workplace for free and walk in, but there is no way I'll leave the Glanza out of my sight on an unknown street. There is no way I would have sold it if it hadn't been due to relocating and with the job market as it is at present there isn't much scope for applying to an organisation that provides employee car parking and I have constantly been looking for another job since relocating.

I have previously owned cars and the Glanza is by far the best I've ever had and extremely happy with it in the time I've had it. As you know completely standard Glanza's are very hard and rare to come by. Since owning my Glanza, I've never seen a standard Glanza in the flesh and have only seen 3 or 4 for sale on various car classified websites.

Why this Glanza

I decided to purchase a Glanza as I always liked the look of them, wanted something different and rare. I viewed 5 Glanza's (all of which had some sort of modifications on them) before I purchased this one as the condition on this and still is excellent both inside and out and runs amazingly and was happy to find a fine standard manual example. I had the car fully inspected by someone who knows about and how owned Japanese import cars when it arrived here and he felt confident that this was an excellent example. He tested everything and gave the car a very good all around inspection and everything was excellent. The Glanza has done very little mileage in the time I have had it. I am the first main owner of the car and was previously owned by the importer who had it for 1 month and just had it parked in his garage until I came to collect it. Most likely the car has been owned by a single person in Japan due to its full standard from and excellent condition.

My Ownership

The car was imported in September 2007 and in the time I have owned it, I have done very little mileage on it. I have done very little mileage in it. I purchased it with 84,000km (52,173 miles) and at the present moment the total is 93,380km (58,000 miles). Therefore I have only done approx 6,000 miles in my ownership. The car still reads in kilometres and is restricted to 112mph, the dials on the kph has been changed to a mph dial as this was available to me (I still have the kph if required).

All previous 3 MOT's are available for this car in order to verify the kilometres on the car. The reason for the very low mileage done by myself is firstly due to hardly using it this year and secondly I was living in a house which was only 3 miles to my workplace. In the last year it has only done around 3,350km which is around 2,000 miles. This has mainly consisted of a few trips to work and back when my workplace was located outside the city. I have also taken it on a short weekend drive just locally around where I live in order to make sure everything is running well.

It has always been warmed and cooled down and has only been used to drive to work and back and this has been done before and after the traffic hours in the morning and evening. As a result of this I can get to my workplace in approximately 7 minutes and also gives very little wear on the gearbox and clutch due to minimum gear changes. I don't ever take it supermarket shopping to avoid any dents to the bodywork, it's always been parked outside my house/in the garage in my view and when it was at work right outside my office once again fully in my view. I have been the only person who drives in the car and therefore the other seats have hardly been sat in.

Item Condition

The condition of the car is excellent both inside and out for a 13 year old car and has been very well looked after. It is hand washed on a weekly basis and I have mainly used Turtle Wax car shampoo in order to wash the car and Autoglym products in order to maintain the high standard of its bodywork. A valet is also given which includes vacuuming the also the carpets, seats, mats and boots and also cleaning the dash and windows, its mainly clean in there anyway as it gets very little use and I'm the only one who has access to the car. There is no rust on the car and the only defects are a slight scuff on the front driver's side bumper edge and a few stone chips. I'm sure these can be very easily removed but they are only noticeable if you come close to the car.

I have had various compliments given to me as to how excellent the car looks and how I maintain it to a high standard. These have been from other car drivers, staff at the MOT and service centre, work colleagues and friends. When I first got the car in October 2007 and took it to work, a work colleague of mine thought it was a 57 plate car manufactured by Japanese company called Glanza. She asked me if did manufactured any Saloon's and how much they cost, but I soon put forward the facts to her.

Service History

Even though there is no service history with the car with it being an import from Japan, it has been serviced at 6 month intervals regardless of the mileage I have done on it as I've always looked after my car in order to maintain their high standard and reliability. The previous service change which including a full oil and filter change was only done last week and in that time I have only done approx 3 miles in it. All the other fluids are fully topped up and don't require changing. A full service of the car was carried out when I first got the car in October 2007 and then in September 2008 which consisted of a full fluid change including a gearbox fluid change in , with further services consisting of an oil and filter change in March 2008, February 2009 and now in September 2009. I've never had to top the oil up as it never consumes any.

It has always done very well on its MOT test with only one front tyre requiring a change on its first MOT in September 2007. Since then it's flew through its MOT with the MOT tester being very impressed with it and no advisories have also been mentioned.

The car has been driven extremely well and never derestricted, I drive it on lo boost and hardly above 3krpm and hardly over 40mph as it's just naturally my style of driving cars. I am also a 31 year old with a clean driving license, have never had any accidents and 0 points. You can easily switch between the Lo and Hi boost by the press of a button. The turbo does hold extremely well throughout all the gears and I've tested this on a dual carriage way national speed limit road once every 2 to 3 weeks in order to make sure it is running well and that everything is spot on. There are no leaks or rattles and the cambelt on the car was changed at 82,000km. The car has given me excellent mpg and has always been ran on Tesco Super Unleaded. I have always managed to get in the range of 36mpg to 43mpg.

Security

I had a Cobra Cat 1 Alarm and Immobiliser installed professionally which cost £350 and is a very good effective security measurement on the car. Cat 1 security is required by most insurance companies for Japanese imports and also makes a difference to the insurance quote. I have the insurance certificate (which you will need to send a copy of to your insurer) and receipt available. The car also comes with a Toyota tool kit which is located next to the spare wheel. Both the tool kit and spare wheel are in mint condition and seems like they have never been used.

I hope that has covered everything, sorry about the long read but I feel it is best to get all the relevant information across. If I have missed anything, please feel free to ask and I'll be happy to answer all queries. Would really like to see it sold to a member on this website and that they maintain it to a high standard.

Contact Details

If anyone is interested or would like to ask any further questions then please feel welcome to do so. Please send me a PM on here and I'll reply as soon as I can as I check my inbox on a daily basis.

Alternatively you can ring me on 07855585372 (although I may be unable to answer if I'm at work which is during the week). Send me a text if I'm unable to answer and I'll ring or text you back.

I am based in Leeds, West Yorkshire

Delivery and Conditions of Delivery

Pick up only from Leeds, evidence of insurance is required in order to test drive the car.

Pictures

The following pictures were taken very recently.

Glanza.jpg

Glanza2.jpg

Glanza6.jpg

Glanza7.jpg

GlanzaFront2.jpg

GlanzaRear.jpg

GlanzaDoorsOpen2.jpg

GlanzaBootOpen.jpg

GlanzaInteriorFront3.jpg

GlanzaEngineBay2.jpg

GlanzaDocuments2V2.jpg

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
that looks like a stunning example. if i was after a glanza i would take that off your hands in a heartbeat.

good luck with the sale mate, you have really loked after this one, even the standard hubcaps are in top condition ;)

one bad point though, is the shit massive halfords number plates, needs the proper sized jap ones :p

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
best for sale thread ever! perfect details! not easy to find a standard glanza like this and looks in very good condition. goodluck bud

BUMP

ady_glanza

Member +
that looks like a stunning example. if i was after a glanza i would take that off your hands in a heartbeat.

good luck with the sale mate, you have really loked after this one, even the standard hubcaps are in top condition ;)

one bad point though, is the shit massive halfords number plates, needs the proper sized jap ones :p

Thanks for the comment, lol at the number plates, they were done by the guy i purchased the car from as soon as it got registered, fine for the MOT though.

ady_glanza

Member +
best for sale thread ever! perfect details! not easy to find a standard glanza like this and looks in very good condition. goodluck bud

BUMP

Thanks for the comment, took me quite a bit of time to write the advert and made sure that didn't miss anything out. Always good to get all the details across :)

dandydons

Member +
Thanks for the comment, took me quite a bit of time to write the advert and made sure that didn't miss anything out. Always good to get all the details across :)

Not many stock ones left in this condition - congrats for the write up. I hate people trying to sell a car that don't give enough detail.

EP824U

Member +
just keep it 4 me and il give u full asking price lol. Im so annoyed that I gotta wait for my compo to come through as wudve bought this! Bell (my current insurers whom I am half a year through with) dont cover glanzas either! :mad: