TPS sensors

SordFish

Fresh Recruit
Im in the process of mega squirting a Glanza and the stock TPS is a switch type an i need a pot type sensor.

I know the automatic 4efte has one that fits but I'm not having much look finding one.

so anyone knows another Toyota sensor that fits or an after market one.
I'd appreciate any help!

Aidan-G

Member +
have a look on some other toyotas like the carina..youl have to change the whole throttle body also

thers lots of toyotas using them

MWP

Member +
SordFish...

Any more details on what youve had to do to get the MS running?
Im thinking about doing this soon.
Any base maps available for the 4E-FTE?

SordFish

Fresh Recruit
MWP

it isn't on the car yet I'm just in the process of getting things sorted and ready.

I've used a Toyota surf ecu as a donner for the connector an case.
There's plenty of room for megasquirt and connector.

I'm just waiting for a circuit to use the stock distributor sensors.
there isn't any map really available so I'm going to be tuning from scratch with wideband and det cans.

once I've sorted it all an have it running etc I'll be defiantly posting the info up as atm there's very little about it.

FeNder

Member +
i was making that query before to run a variable tps with the emanage ,
i was told by jay , and others , that auto tps is different part number to ours ep82 for sure , and that it wont work right , make sure about it

SordFish

Fresh Recruit
as long as it fits on the throttle body it wont matter about what sensor it is as megasquirt can use any sensor.

MWP

Member +
once I've sorted it all an have it running etc I'll be defiantly posting the info up as atm there's very little about it.

Sounds good.
Maybe you should start a new thread... a worklog of what your doing, pics, etc as your getting it going?

MarcoFTE

Member +
Im in the process of mega squirting a Glanza and the stock TPS is a switch type an i need a pot type sensor.

I know the automatic 4efte has one that fits but I'm not having much look finding one.

so anyone knows another Toyota sensor that fits or an after market one.
I'd appreciate any help!

When will you be needing that throttlebody? I am switching from automatic (EP82) to manual (EP82) in a month or two I think. Don't need my old one after that and will be up for sale :)

SordFish

Fresh Recruit
little bit of an update..

I've not progressed much further yet been doing other cars

There seems to be issues with cross talk with sensors in the dizzy, one way to fix this is modifying the dizzy but i don't fancy that in case I want to go back to standard.

So the next plan is get a trigger wheel and crank sensor rigged up.
This also lets me run the engine on the standard ecu while i "tune" the crank sensor setting.

MarcoFTE if you still have it and I cant source a sensor locally i'll give you a shout!