Track Day Insurance

GTdan

In The Closet
im 99.9% sure sky dont do this.
Track insurance is pretty expensive - hence why majority of people dont bother getting insured.
When i did coombe at japfest i looked into it - they wanted £85 (for a 20min session) and my excess was £1000. My fto at the time was worth £2500, so made no sense to do it.
However, i know if i do more than one 20 minute session i will probably end up getting it for peace of mind.

lleey2k4

Member +
For my tracktime at Silverstone i paid £63 that was with excess buy back, vehicle damage, personal injury and vehicle recovery. Excess was £750 tho, but it just gave me piece of mind out on track. Plus if we doing a whole day on track id say it would be a good buy.

skyinsurance

Member +
Hi,

as it stands we do not offer trackday insurance.. we did look into it a while ago but (as mentioned above) excesses on trackday policies are large (sometime £5000+) that it didn't seem worth it for the type of vehicles we insure.

On a personal note, most people I know who do trackdays in sub £5k cars do them on a 'bend it, you mend it' basis.

There is a link on our website to a a company who offer trackday cover though :)

regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance