Track EP91?

biscuit

Member +
Wondering how to make my Glanza better for track. Not really looking for massvie turbos/power, but I want reliable linear power, ideally keeping the stock CT9. I'm pretty happy with the way the car brakes and handles.

Last edited:

durmz

Member +
fir track ide say next few bits, in order of what ide say was important i suppose, fmic, good strong manifold, worth spending on it, decat, GAUGES! (need to keep an eye on stuf on track) , oil cooler

whiteglanzav

Member +
like i said on the other thread dude - get some braided lines they will make a big difference when braking hard over and over.

a front mount would be a good start and porting the wastegate would stop you from getting creep if you relocate the air filter also as said above a decat and manifold would free up your flow and give you some good gains :)

also if you wanted to up the boost to 1 bar then wire in an fcd and get a decent boost controller

Hazzagray

Member +
Could be worth investing in a good set of brakes, willwoods,d2's etc. later braking would make you faster. Get rid of the cat for a freer flowing system(as said above). braided lines as said above (cheap upgrade aswell). Boost controller, RRFPR perhaps, and lightweight wheels!

Sparky

Member +
LSD would be your best mod

Get it running 190hp usually running a bar boost with some decent engine management and boost controller. and supporting mods like manifold (externally gated would be best) decat etc.

Oil cooler would help, then theres Anti roll bars uprated brakes etc the list is endless

riko666

Member +
Braking and suspension modifications aren't really requisites for track duty - its always nice to explore limits of the car gradually and experimenting and feeling what various alterations do to affect the car. I would say for repeated track duty that you concentrate really on the consumables, lubrication, and heat management of the car - so to say, good brake pads, good quality oil and coolant, and proper cooling.

For a lot of track duty I would also recommend an oil cooler perhaps - on a full day trackday you will usually highly stress your car with little cool-off time, and over the course of the day you could cook the oil. Plus the extra volume of oil won't hurt by ensuring there's sufficient oil by the oil pickup. Bringing a separate set of track wheels/tyres is generally recommended - trackdays are very harsh on tyres; I for example wore off the entire front edges of some brand new tyres within the morning sessions of a trackday, but it was also a particularly hot day, a very abrasive road surface, tyre pressure was probably a bit low, and the suspension was stock (being a McPherson strut, you generally get a bit of positive camber when the suspension is loaded).

Staying on the CT9, make sure at least you have a decent manifold/intercooler setup, with a top-mount there'll be a lot of heat soak, as well as around the manifold. The same trackday I destroyed my tyres, two Pulsar GTi-R's also succumbed, blowing blue smoke by the early Afternoon. Just remember to make sure all fluids are topped up/good, consumables are in good order, and to allow your car to cool sufficiently after each round, and you'll have fun.

Reading back I just realised most of what I said is redundant as you're wanting to improve the car further for the track, but yeah, still :p

riko666

Member +
haha, mine is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from seeing the light of tarmac any time soon!! :(

Damn, its been 4 years and 29 days since my last trackday :(

biscuit

Member +
Was feeling the heatsoak come 6-7th lap. LSD would have been great for Combe, tighter corners was just spinning up the outer wheel :mad:

Deffo miss the DC2 with Mugen intake and Spoon exhaust for track, with LSD! haha

Glanza I think could be quite good, just needs some money spending on bits.

Will probably head for a free-er flowing engine than outright power. Just want consistent power delivery :rockon: