Track rod ends fail? Is this possible? Car pulls to left again EVEN..

iamlegend

Member +
right could my track rod ends be failing or how do they even fail as I had a vibration in my steering wheel and it was the alignment been out it did also pull to the left I got the alignment sorted 3 weeks a go and it drove perfect... Now is it seems back to pulling to the left a little...

can track rod ends fail or something??

might replace both of them...?!

Smokey

Fresh Recruit
Vibration would have been balancing not alignment!
How much do you drive the car?
If there was anything wrong with a trackrod end (inner or outer end) whoever done the alignment for you should have seen it and told you! They would rarely just fail in 3 weeks after alignment bein done! They are basically a balljoint so can and do wear!
If you've bumped a kurb or a couple of potholes then that can put off your alignment slightly!

Also I see you're runnin big power so a bit of torque steer is possible and could be a pull to the left!

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
could be tires. mine had a small bump (dont know how if its the correct word) almost not visble.. but feels juddering in the steering wheel

iamlegend

Member +
Lol

no have not hit any kurbs ebc wheels have been balanced etc and all suspension mods been checked
My wheel vibrated as the allignment was out got it aligned and bang was sorted so.....
Question is if track rod ends do fail hmmmm
It's not torque steer lol

Smokey

Fresh Recruit
Wheel alignment bein done won't have taken away a vibration!

Track rod ends do fail as I said because they're a balljoint but if wheel alignment has been done then whoever done the alignment should have noticed an issue with them and told you because as I also said earlier they wouldn't fail in 3 weeks since alignment was done!