track starlet brakes and wheels??? 6 pot ksport but what wheels?

Hi all,

I'm building a track/hill climb starlet but am wondering which brakes would be better out of willwood 4 pot calipers or the ksport 6 pot set up. Also, my choice of wheels are governed by this, of 15" rota grids or 16" rota boosts.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks, tom.

thefalls

Member +
The rota grids are a copy of the Rays TE37,right?
Then you will need a spacer of 5mm to clear the D2/K-sport 6 pot brakes.

Otherwise the Advans Rg 11 clear the 6 pots without any spacers.
The Rays CE28N,real or copy clear the 6 pots with 5mm spacers.This is the combo i have.

The Wilwoods can clear a few good list of wheels. In the long run its a hassle,cos you cant just go buy a set of wheels as you like.,with the 6 pots i mean.
But i just love my D2 6 pots,great braking power but they do lock the wheels in rainy weather when breaking suddenly.[ My ABS is purposefully off ].
You are not supposed to boot it in rainy weather anyways,i dont. [few scary moments :(]

Also the Advans SA3Rs clear the 6 pots with spacers of 5mm,i tried once.

Last edited:

96v

Member +
Grid v's would maybe fit with a ridiculous spacer on but would look silly, lol! Grid drifts don't fit either! And just because they say the brake kits fit 15' wheels, they do not fit all of them! Trust me, I know from experience :(

what about some Sparco Assetto's??? whats the best way to tell if the brakes are gonna fit underneith? haven't got the brakes yet but i fancy either d2s or ksport both 6 pots. maybe the willwoods if i can't find any 15" wheels to fit the 6 pots.

Hi, thanks for the link, but, I'm just wondering why they're a lot cheaper than the other big brake kit options, also doesn't it say he can't get hold of the disks/rotors anymore??

Thanks, tom.

GTwayne

Member +
Most traders who sell big brakes kits will have a template they can send you, to see if your wheels will fit over them.

wickedep

Trader
i have a template that you can print and cut out to check if the D2's will clear you current rims mate. pm me your email and i will send it over if you wish mate!

sacha