Trading rule I was unaware of

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiCaln

Member +
Received a pm from gv1.3 stating:

Please read our rules regarding trading.

You have this item for sale as a trader on another forum http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33212

I tried to reply, to find that gv1.3 does not accept pms, simply my reply was this:

I did, no where did i see that if it was advertised elsewhere you can't advertise it here! Also if that is the case i find it a bit strange, cos not everyone on here goes on UKSC and by putting it on both sites you have more chance of people seeing it

Why is there an issue with posting on both sites?

Cheers

Si

Where does it say it and why is this?

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
The issue was not that it was for sale on another forum, the issue is that you have it for sale under your trade name on the other forum. i.e. under "SiKillaMart!" therfore you are selling it on behalf of "SiKillaMart!". Since "SiKillaMart!" are not regestered traders on this site you are not allowed to sell any items that are being sold under that name on this site.

If you have any other issues or queries please feel free to contact either Myself, Jay or any other member of the Administration team.

gv1.3

Admin
There is no issue with posting on both sites If you are a member conducting a private sale, we have lots of members who do this. You have the same items for sale in a commercial capacity on another site meaning you are a trader not a private seller.

Our rules on trading are stickied at the top of the for sale forum that you posted your thread in

Classified rules please read before posting: http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums...eds-Rules-Please-Read-Before-Posting-ANYTHING
Trading without a trader forum http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?39067-Trading-without-a-traders-forum

It is clearly stated in these threads what is and is not acceptable.

Our trading application instructions are available here: http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?62583-Trader-Application-Instructions

SiCaln

Member +
Ok I can understand that, may I just state that my only use in SiKillaMart is to act as a third party for keith as he is unable to receive paypal payments in Malta, so I receive them and send them onto him, I do use it to sell my stuff as well but its hardly on a large scale - no more i would say than a regular person selling goods on here. it is obviously at your discretion to stop me from selling in your classified forum as you see fit, just thought I would make this clear, I have the trading account to help a fellow member not for profit.

Phil

Super Moderator
it is obviously at your discretion to stop me from selling in your classified forum as you see fit.

they see you as a trader.

so it would seem they see fit to stop you trading on here in a private capacity especially as you have the item listed under a trading name elsewhere.

simples i think.

they may or may not come along to confirm that they are indeed sad that you fall foul of this minor infringement. is that what you'd like?

there is not many people who will get caught out the way you have, so there is not going to be a major rule change or exception made for 1person/company

Phil

Last edited:

Texx

Super Moderator
Ok I can understand that, may I just state that my only use in SiKillaMart is to act as a third party for keith as he is unable to receive paypal payments in Malta, so I receive them and send them onto him, I do use it to sell my stuff as well but its hardly on a large scale - no more i would say than a regular person selling goods on here. it is obviously at your discretion to stop me from selling in your classified forum as you see fit, just thought I would make this clear, I have the trading account to help a fellow member not for profit.

Regardless of the reasons as to why you have a trading account on another forum, it is still a trading account. TGTT.com has strict trading rules that do not bend for any member. You are welcome to offer items for sell on this site if they are items you are personally selling, however if the same items are being offered by yourself in a commercial capacity elsewhere (such as a trading account) it will be in violation of TGTT.com's trading rules and so will not be permitted.

joel_ep91

Member +
so would he have to make another acount on the other site just to sell that 1 item or what would he have to do ? its abit confusing and pointless i think but thats just my opinion. sorry for the spam

Texx

Super Moderator
so would he have to make another acount on the other site just to sell that 1 item or what would he have to do ? its abit confusing and pointless i think but thats just my opinion. sorry for the spam

The operative word here is 'Trader' - (Business / Commerce) a person who engages in trade; dealer; merchant

If your selling items as a trader elsewhere you will not be permitted to sell the same items on this site without an official traders forum.

SiCaln

Member +
ok so your telling me if I remove it from my trading account then I can sell it here? Seems daft tbh, esp seeing as Keith is on here already as he is my trading partner over there could I not then sell it through Zisco on here as they trade on both sites?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
ok so your telling me if I remove it from my trading account then I can sell it here? Seems daft tbh, esp seeing as Keith is on here already as he is my trading partner over there could I not then sell it through Zisco on here as they trade on both sites?

Cant you get Keith to advertise it in his trading section on your behalf?

Phil

Super Moderator
yup keith can sell it for you. :)

therefore he is taking responsibility for it as a trader.

Phil

gv1.3

Admin
I really do not see why this is so difficult to understand.
If a part is being sold by a trader (you are a trader) and they do not have a trading forum on here then they cannot sell the item.

If the part is being sold by a private individual (someone that is not a trader) then they are free to sell it on here.

If you think the rules are daft then you are free to not use our classifieds section, the majority of members do not have an issue with the classified rules and that section works perfectly fine for them as they are not commercial traders.

If you want to approach a trader and ask them to sell an item for you that is between you and them and has nothing to do with us. If there turns out to be any issue they will be held responsible for it. Zisco have a trading forum on here and your partner status with Keith on another forum is absolutely irrelevant in this matter. Zisco would not be permitted to advertise something they were selling in their own trading forum on here in our PRIVATE classifieds section for the same reason you are not permitted to.

I trust your confusion on the matter is now cleared up. If you have any further questions on trading please see the trading process thread I posted earlier in this thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.