trapped by speed ramps????

kilo

Member +
fitted my coilys today at my mums, enjoyed the wee bouncey ride out to mine. i had the wee bro in the car, so while i edged over the speed ramps he was my eyes under the car. got the car in the house done what i had to do, then tackeled the ramps again an couldnt get over the last one. tried both sides, angels, it wasnt clearing it. i then had to go to the house, break an old gate and use the wood as another small ramp...onto a big ramp. its not to say the car is too low, it was the pipes for the fmic that were hitting the ramp.

Really I seen sum of them fmics and the pipe work goes down a good bit from the bumper.what yea going to do now the car must be really low?

Hazzagray

Member +
The Blitz FMIC piping comes down a little bit, so it is easily done, Raise it a bit mate, its the only way to make the car livable

kilo

Member +
yeah, the pipes come down a rite bit. the car isnt wild low, ya can fit your finger between the tyre and arch so theres a world of room:p

Arnold

Lifer
I fitted my coilovers and now it just bangs horribly over speed bumps, no matter how slow. Think it's either the exhaust hitting the ground or something else, but it doesn't sound good. There's a lot of places i can't drive the Glanza anymore!

Tobz91

Member +
I fitted my coilovers and now it just bangs horribly over speed bumps, no matter how slow. Think it's either the exhaust hitting the ground or something else, but it doesn't sound good. There's a lot of places i can't drive the Glanza anymore!

Sounds like mine I don't think it was exhaust sounded like the panard rod or something. However it only does it with a fully loaded car, so not a bother really!

Arnold

Lifer
coilovers are only trouble, i wouldn't bother with them anymore

I agree, they're a bit impractical and a bit of an arse to set up. The handling / ride height is much better, but i think maybe lowering springs & shocks was the way forward! Might just turn it into a track car now though ;)

Galen

Lifer
I have tein superstreet coilover's on my Glanza, there on the lowest setting and Ive never had any bother with speedbump's and I even find it comfortable!