TRD 1.5way LSD Starlet

H

hoochhenry

hi there im buying a TRD 1.5way LSD i asked seller will this fit my ep82 he sent me back this answer most EP82 Turbo has a 8 bolt ring gear this LSD needs a 6 bolt ring gear so will this go into my turbo gear box or will it work any info would be great

dantheman

Member +
this is the exact prob im having today :mad: got my box in bits to fit cusco lsd to relise the lsd has 6 bolts and the ring gear has 8....

so i presume it aint ganna fit?? although on the instructions it does list ep82 so abit confused..?

Aidan-G

Member +
dan,what do mean is your lsd the same as mine?mine is a cusco 1.5mz heres a pic
cusco15waylsd.jpg

dantheman

Member +
exactly :haha: looks like il be walking to work 2mrw..

any idea where i can get an lsd other than jap land?? (used)

H

hoochhenry

ya mate it is jap land im getting this off will the 6 bolt not do the job????

dantheman

Member +
just a thought, does a 4efe non turbo gearbox have a 6 bolt ring gear? and does it have same number of teeth as the 4efte gear?

H

hoochhenry

i think we need some help on this one mate buy the way how much did your one cost????has to fit i think you just need to change something in the box

Aidan-G

Member +
just a thought, does a 4efe non turbo gearbox have a 6 bolt ring gear? and does it have same number of teeth as the 4efte gear?

so you got this diff without the gear??

if the 4efe has a 6 bolt ring gear then you could usr that,but would the 4efe gear be as strong if it fitted??

dantheman

Member +
so you got this diff without the gear??

if the 4efe has a 6 bolt ring gear then you could usr that,but would the 4efe gear be as strong if it fitted??

yeah id have thought they both the same strength, but then next question would be do they have the same number of teeth? LOL

think im ganna have to cut my losses and find another..

H

hoochhenry

so i think they do fitt im ringing a mate now to see he knows everything hold on

H

hoochhenry

hes phone is off as soon as i get the answer i will let you know what we need

dantheman

Member +
it wont fit as the gear on the 4efte is 8 bolt, and this one is 6 bolt like the one i bought...

so question is where do you get a 6 bolt ring gear? a 4efe? or another toyota? and do they have the same number of teeth as the 4efte gear??