Trojans and Viruses

GlanzaV1.3

Member +
Right,

Is there anyone technical that can help?

if someone can read it i can get them a "HiJackThis" log file.

Basically my computer has "Storage Protector, Zlob.." nasty viruses.

Can anyone recommend a good (free if possible) scan or manual removal of these problems.

Thanks

Kelly

Member +
not sure if it will do what u want but i downloaded "spybot" search and destroy thing i use it regularly :)

GlanzaV1.3

Member +
I have tried that kelly, its very good, did not solve the problem.

I have tried, Spybot, Spyhunter, Xoftspy, Kasperkey, BitDefender. loads of em

Backup and format is my LAST option, i might just upgrade my PC, had it for 7 years lol

mossy

Member +
find the location of the virus and restart your pc in safe mode and remove the whole app from your pc, job done

djurny

Member +
try to fiddle with spybot s&d, but in the registry startup editor as well.. maybe something was left behind and not completely removed..

to get rid of all of these issues, format, install osx or your favorite linux distribition :) i recently went over to "the dark side"; installed 'pclinuxos 2007' on my lil' ol' amd athlon @ 600mhz and i am never ever going back to any micro$oft os again! :D

GlanzaV1.3

Member +
I know the viruses i have now, i am on the prowl to kill!

@Shaun - yeah i know, but i would rather spend the money on my car ;)

If you are still having this problem I would recommend Avast Security Centre, I believe its the best out there and its completely free for life, jyst type Avast into google and download Avast 4 Home Edition
Thanks Christy

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i can read hijackthis logs, post it up. also, get hold of the 'smitfraud fix' (google it), boot to safe mode and run it, choosing the 'clean' option

Sharagath

Member +
try download hitman pro,

this includes every good anti spam program and does the correct setups, fully automated.

i currently use spybot and NOD32 antivirus on my vista system. and i have no virus or so