Trouble fitting Zep rails to Evo 7 Recaro's

Johnny_B

Member +
Following on from my trouble removing the Evo rails, now done (thanks Johnny_C:)).

Now i've come to fit the rails I have it another snag. My passenger rail looks like this:

IMG_5487.jpg

The drivers one is different and for a low down driving position, but wanna get the passenger side sorted before I look for help with that.

Problem is the holes were it needs to be bolted in seem to be the wrong distances apart and so I can't secure the seat to it.

Anyone have any experience with these rails? Hopefully i'm doing something wrong and the rails actually do fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny_C

Lifer
sounds like your rail is to fit the older type recaro,best thing to do is nick the bar bar off at the welds with a grinder,line it up further back to meet with the bolt holes of the seat,then weld the bar in place again.;)

Johnny_B

Member +
Thanks for that Johnny, looks like i'll have to have a word with a fabricator.

The drivers side rail is totally different, i'll post up again if that causes me grief.

Johnny_B

Member +
post up a pic and ill have a look.:)

As predicted the drivers side rail isn't a straight fit either!:(

Im worried this type of rail only works with bucket seats because it's only mounts on to the seat from the side. Though my main problem is that the rail is too narrow for the seat and rather than fitting in it, it fits on it! As you can see from the pics:

SDC10175.jpg

SDC10168.jpg

Can this one be modded for the seat or will i need a different type of rail:confused:

Cheers.

Johnny_C

Lifer
ok.
get 2 flat metal bars,and bolt them to the seat,then line it to the rail and drill holes in the bars and bolt to the rail,if u understand me?