tubular inlet manifold

ruggiero06

Member +
the tubular ones are better flowing than the cast aluminum. but the plenum is too small. extending it is the way to go.

heres a tutorial from TO. credit goes to Dzaster. idk if he has an account here or not.

Originally posted by Dzaster
More Tubular manifold progress. If this thing does add any HP, it'll be nullified by its weight induction.:haha:

It's still fun. If anything I'm brushing up on some welding. Something I've been wanting to do for some time now.

So I couldn't work on this manifold because I was waiting all week for a TB flange for it. Big Island, HI man:screwy::rollingeyes::bah:.
IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

Some tacks.
IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

I'm no welder, but this here seems to be a decent weld--at least for me it is.
IMG_2456.jpg

And here is a rough assembly.
IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

Still need to stick in a couple more vacuum/boost ports, another brace from manifold plenum-to-head, and the throttle cable bracket needs to go back on. and then comes the beautification process. Mi favorito!:bananarock:

Pineapple be nice, but that would take some airbrushing--which I have not clue how to do.:lachen:

4speed suggested gunmetal. thought that be a pretty cool look. Like a missle or something.

I actually was bugged by the weight of the thing so I attempted to take the angle grinder to it and just work it down some. Nearly 2 hours of grinding the plenum to take off some material, and a nearly a 3/4lb shed of weight overall I was done and willing to just deal with it "as-is". I also put in a few vacuum/boost ports.
IMG_2476.jpg

The throttle cable bracket welded in and a little of the last pass I made with minimal grinding of the weld.
IMG_2477.jpg

Starting the beatification process.
IMG_2478.jpg

I'll want to get one more brace from the block to the TB flange, but I'll have to have to test fit to the head for that one. So will have to wait until I have a couple consecutive days off before intalling.

Anyone know the weight of teh ACIS(5efhe) intake manifold. That thing is a beast as well, so just wondering if I am really weighing it down with nearly 10lbs of intake manifold.:dunno:

I weight the 3ee at I believe 5lbs. I'm thinking the stock 5efe is a little heavier and the 5efhe to be a bunch heavier.

FINISHED PRODUCT
IMG_2492.jpg

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
That looks great ruggiero06 dont supose theres ny before and after dyno graphs showing any gains is there?