tuning

richglanzav

Member +
hey guys just wanna ask whats best 2 do...i want my glanza to be really really fast like pushing 250+bhp...whats best to do, get mine done up, or get one thats already got the mod's on it? and just how quick is well modded glanza (250-300hp), what kind of cars can they keep up with? any1 fancy meetin up sumtime...wud be gd to see some other faster starlets than mine lol im in the midlands area near stafford. just a thought if any1 is bored...

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Its always cheaper to buy a modded car at wotever spec your after but then when u mod ur own you know exactly how the car has been treated.

for 250-280 a forged motor with a TD04L would do ur trick.

lleey2k4

Member +
Alright mate im from Walsall i could meet up with you. I'm running 1 bar at the minute got to get it setup tomorrow so hoping for a decent result.

TD04 turbo springs to mind if your looking for that much power.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
250hp in a starlet feels VERY fast. 300hp in a starlet feels ridiculous. ive run up to 330hp round abouts and i can tell you that is something else mate. Blisteringly quick. with 300hp you'll be with lambos/ferraris etc..... (if not slightly out accelerating them)

SaRfI

Member +
wheel spins spins and spins:p with that much power unless you make it Awd starlet that would be Fun, and i hardly doubt it would keep with lambo or Ferrari may be till certain speed and from stand still no chance;)

-Harry-

Member +
and i hardly doubt it would keep with lambo or Ferrari may be till certain speed and from stand still no chance;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uuE27ySL0k

My starlets half a second quicker than the yellow swift and hes only got 260hp. Traction control on the high ends cars works quite well when launching though.

Youll destroy damn near anything from a rolling start. Its the 900hp skylines and the likes you need to watch out for.

PS we should be making another vid with a lambo or ferrari soon. :)

starbogt

Member +
a 250 hp gt is around 300hp per ton where a basic modena 360 is around 290 bhp per ton so make for a good race as gearing is shorter on starlet probably lose out over 140mph though. lol

Dan3SGTE

Member +
wheel spins spins and spins:p with that much power unless you make it Awd starlet that would be Fun, and i hardly doubt it would keep with lambo or Ferrari may be till certain speed and from stand still no chance;)

tut tut tut.... You sound like you havent got the experience in a high powered starlet mate ;)

If you did your post wouldnt look like that lol....

Im not even going to begin to name the cars ive "outpaced" ..... tooo toooo tooo many including a couple of super cars.

High powered starlet is a danger to other cars....

starbogt

Member +
tut tut tut.... You sound like you havent got the experience in a high powered starlet mate ;)

If you did your post wouldnt look like that lol....

Im not even going to begin to name the cars ive "outpaced" ..... tooo toooo tooo many including a couple of super cars.

High powered starlet is a danger to other cars....

You forgot to mention how much more fun it is in the smaller car with the little engine (in some cases that is Dan lol)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
hahaha.... that is right! it was definitely fun beating some of the 2.0litres back in the day of the 1.3... But then a 2.0litre is still really small compared to say a 6.0litre :D

ChrisGT

Member +
I was driving home from Brighton last night and bumped into a Zonda C12 on the M4...the bloke driving literally looked about 25! He slowed down and sat next to me in the middle lane and gave me and my mate a thumbs up and smile, he then proceeded to put his foot down....oh god, we both had our windows down and that thing not only flew by us but sounded AMAZING.

I'd have one of those over a super modded Starbo anyday! lol Btw, if a Starlet could outpace that I'd eat my hat! lol

hmm you may find a starlet that will keep up with a zonda if it has around 400bhp but the engine is nearly 6 times bigger :p Iv heard plenty of time a starlet wont keep up with this ectect getting it at work atm over the Lexus ISF people normally change there mind once they have been out in a 250bhp starlet :)

If you really want to get a powerfull starlet mate one of mine will be going up for sale soon 270bhp+ fully forged for 3.5K

SaRfI

Member +
ya mate i haven't been in power full starlet like your one , but have certainly been in td04 glanza running over 230 bhp awesome car and great fun then again from launch it was terrible wheel spins till 3rd:(. same glanza had a go from stand still vs r32 GT-R totally stock and let me tell you mate stock GT-R embarrass the glanza from stand still.:eek:

and you have beaten loads of cars with yours fair play. but isn't your starlet does 1st ,2nd,3rd wheel spins? AND WHAT kinda 6 litre cars have you beaten mate name and shame plz;)

all i was trying to say in previous post no matter how much BHP is starlet if you haven't got good traction then it is useless from stand still.

and there are loads of small cars beating Ferraris and lamborghini with less then 500 brake mark infact i was watching there is video of Crx del sol with turbo beating the crap of lamborghini:cool: obviously not from stand still. doesn't make them better then Ferrari and lamborghini those machines are made for cornering , top speed you name it mate.;)

don't get me wrong i love starlets:rockon:

Yeah your right mate without traction its poinless having all that power, I have a 2way LSD decent tyres and rock solid coilovers, I dont spin in any gear although my TD05 18G wont spool in first, my other starlet would grip in second untill it got over 230bhp and in the wet it could spin up to 100mph, the diffrence is unbeliveable with a decent chassis setup, My 270bhp starlet was simular to ferrari 355, new TVR sagaris, FQ400 MR evo, Porche Cayman S 600cc bikes ect ect and well worth it when there trying to show off to there mates/GF :p

SaRfI

Member +
lol nice one mate, i bet you must have shock them, i could imagine there thoughts God what the F hell was that.:p

-Harry-

Member +
lamborghini those machines are made for cornering , top speed you name it mate.;)

HAHAHA:p Lamborghini corner? Their useless on a track. Unless your talking about the GT spec lambo circuit cars which the black swift in the vid matched the time of, swift on street tires, race lambo on slicks. Granted it was the lambo drivers first drive in it. :p

Your views seem quite misguided. Maybe head out to a few drag strips, circuits, hillclimbs and take a look at whats going around.

Hell, give me a lambo anyday though:)

Wait.....wtf was this topic about?:confused:

SaRfI

Member +
lamborghni useless on track? Right :eek:

so you are saying mate swift or starlet(Modified) is better then lamborghni on Track? if yes very hard to belive mate.;)

nana mate I'm not misguided, and yes i haven't seen lambo vs starlet on Drag strip,as you probably read my post r32 GT-R stock beating 230bhp Glanza from stand still.i think lambo would toast a swift or starlet from stand still don't forget lambo has 4WD w/Viscous Traction System.:p

BTW are you referring this to all lamborghni's or just some particular one??cause most of them new ones are "beasts"

and hell ya lambo any day even little starlet manage to pass it.:rockon:

hey guys just wanna ask whats best 2 do...i want my glanza to be really really fast like pushing 250+bhp...whats best to do, get mine done up, or get one thats already got the mod's on it? and just how quick is well modded glanza (250-300hp), what kind of cars can they keep up with? any1 fancy meetin up sumtime...wud be gd to see some other faster starlets than mine lol im in the midlands area near stafford. just a thought if any1 is bored...
TOPIC^^

all lad want to know what type of cars he can keep up:confused: "no mention" about track just General. God you guys could have siad other cars evo's scooby's and stuff its always ferrari and lambo:homer: well you don't see super cars every day though:p

-Harry-

Member +
lamborghni useless on track? Right :eek:

so you are saying mate swift or starlet(Modified) is better then lamborghni on Track? if yes very hard to belive mate.;)

BTW are you referring this to all lamborghni's or just some particular one??cause most of them new ones are "beasts"

TOPIC^^

It was the black swift from the vid vrs a GT spec lambo gallardo (rwd). It was the guys first time out in the lambo though. Saying that though A stock lambo wouldnt stand a chance. Lambo's have always been known for being a handful on the track and road but I was more referring to the newer models with "traction control" that you cant turn off which really destroys their handling.

As for losing to a stock gtr thats just shameful. Maybe theyd get a car length but that should be it. Time to spend some money on setup.....or a 4wd system;)

Oh and I was just pointing out how off topic we'd all become I didnt actually miss the guys question:p

this one. Seeing it in real life....its a masterpiece :drool:
aaapm4.jpg

Last edited: