Turbo and manifold mounting question?

Kev

Member +
Hi there,

My Glanza is currently in for a new manifold due to my japspeed one cracking at the weld all the way round, which has completely come away from the base.

The garage has asked me if the manifold should be taking all of the weight of the turbo etc or should there be some sort of bracket helping absorb some of the load on the manfiold. Now that the manifold has come away, the turbo can be pushed down etc,

I think the setup is correct, but wanted to check here first. It's a setup with a CT9 Hybrid, toy tuning actuator with what was mounted to the Japspeed manifold.

This is the best image I have my laptop of the setup before the front mount.

manifold

Manifold in it's current state.

damaged_manifold

Thanks for any help in advance

Kev :)

corofin12345

Member +
it shouldnt really matter any mate and is normally down 2 the weld giving up with all the heat... if its something you want sorted tho i can only suggest a decat as its much lighter

Last edited:

Craig

Lifer
The manifold does take the weight, however the cat as standard is braced to the block to relieve the weight. A brace between the mani header and the turbo flange can help. I'd also recommend buying a decent mani.

Kev

Member +
Cheers Guys, much appreciated.

There going to see what they can do to help support it a little better.

The Japspeed manifold has been on the car for approx 2 years, didn't last that long really.

thanks again for the help

Kev

EP82 ON P

Member +
yea bro its all about the mani and the welds and the quality...my old gt starlet had a shit manifold...always cracked....my gt starlet now has a giant t04e turbo hanging off the headers (and thats a heavy turbo) and my headers havent cracked with no bracing :)