Turbo compressor / exhaust wheel size?

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i've just been measuring the compressor and exhaust wheel sizes on my hyrbid to get an idea of how much bigger this turbo is from a CT9

standard CT9 is compressor 34mm exhaust 37.5mm

my hybrid is 45mm on both sides.

was just wondering what other turbos (eg TD04 etc) this size is comparable to so i've got a rough idea of how it will behave, what power it'll make etc...

tmontana

Fresh Recruit
is this the kit2 i sold you mate, have you got it fitted yet?

torque is meant to be insane on this turbo !! hybrid will be able to tell you the spec of it, thats who told me before i bought it off spike.

i dying to see what power it makes

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
yeah that's the one, it will be fitted soon mate, i had engine problems last year and did a full rebuild.

we're having the car rolling roaded on monday to see what power difference the engine work has made on the ct9 then we're gonna try and get this beast fitted :)

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
these are a few pics i took. i don't know a lot about the turbo but it seems to have a CT20 compressor housing bored out attached to a ct9 exhaust housing, again bored out. i've no idea what compressor/exhaust wheels are used but they are bigger, it should be a good 'un :)

hybridandct9comp.JPG

hybridandct9ex2.JPG

hybrid%20comparison.JPG

hybrid.JPG

Guye

Lifer
THAT IS HUGE! Please post the rr session results. Are these units for sale? Who makes them? I always after quick response with good top end. PM me with feedback after the test is done please.

G6Turbo

Member +
is the wastegate bored out too? As it just looks like mine and if the wastegate is standard size u wil get boost issue 's or are u going for an external wastegate??

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
the wastegate does seem standard size but a good porting is on the cards, if that doesn't work then i'll look at an external gate.

Gee

Member +
indeed, although i doubt it'd be any more laggy than a td04. having said that, i have no idea on the size of the td04 (hence this thread ;) )

Next time we meet you can have a ride in mine mate.

Will be nice to compare and you will see the TD04 is not as laggy as people without first hand experience like to say.