Turbo Conversion - Opinions on BEST base car?

Zeldoz

Fresh Recruit
You may of already read one of my other posts about doing a conversion!

My question is whats the best base car to work with?

Theres various varietys of N/A Starlets;

Such as;

- Starlet Sporif
- Starlet "S"
- Starlet "i"

I'm confused as to which one will be the best to buy on regards of ease of conversion, ofcourse i understand they will all sit on the same engine mounts, but im thinking in terms of wiring looms ect.. clocks.. is there a difference in any of them?

I ideally want electric windows and NO sunroof. A/C will be removed to unbothered either way.

Also, Which models HAVE a rev counter? As i cant be doing with a clock instead or worse. nothing at all but a MPH counter!!

Thanks, and again sorry for the million and one questions!

dac69er

Super Moderator
my girlfriends solida has no rev counter.

its not that hard to do a swap though. just take a bit of time to work it all out.

i think the best bet would be just to find a car with all the bits you want. wiring loom wise its going to be all much of a muchness.

Zeldoz

Fresh Recruit
my girlfriends solida has no rev counter.

its not that hard to do a swap though. just take a bit of time to work it all out.

i think the best bet would be just to find a car with all the bits you want. wiring loom wise its going to be all much of a muchness.

Yeah, completely agree.

But im thinking of buying something BOG standard. From a little old lady who has adored it. Ill happily accept damaged bumpers becasue there be changed anyway with Glanza ones.

Is there a breakdown anywhere with all the bumpers/skirts/spoilers that are available for the glanzas? I found one here somewhere but literally all the pictures were no available.. It's just so i can get an idea in my head of what i want.

I've alrady decided im definately getting Rota GT3 alloys. Would look quite nice on a white starlet!

weeJohn

Lifer
An early Sportif wont have leccy windows or central locking, your best bet to get them without a sunroof is a later sprec car, 98 or 99.

The wiring looms are all pretty much the same in them, they have all the same wires from the engine compartment to the ECU so the splice will be the same, a car without a rev counter will have the wiring in there already but the likes of windows and door controls are left out.