turbo gt28r

dazza ep91

Member +
hello i have got a owens devlopment turbo its a gt28r or a gt25r turbo was just wondering if any one has fitted 1 of these before and wat are they like and wats the diffrence between them both and wat sort of power could i be looking at with suporting mods?

and can you get more bhp from having a standalone ecu than a piggy back emanage blue?

thanks daz

FeNder

Member +
always more to be had with standalone but not by a big margin , more expenses though ,
check the garrett website its real good , i ran the gt2560 aka gt28 it was real good .

MeisterR

Lifer
always more to be had with standalone but not by a big margin , more expenses though ,
check the garrett website its real good , i ran the gt2560 aka gt28 it was real good .

Speak of the devil, I was just talking about that on the other thread. :haha:

FeNder, do you have dyno/boost graph of your setup... just wondering what they look like on a 4E engine.

Daz, your GT28R, which one is it?
Because GT2860R can range from 300bhp - 400bhp depending on which trim you are getting, so best find out what power you want to make first. :)

glanzapower

Member +
thats a big turbo for a starlet if you are putting it one of them, my pulsar was running a GT2871R and it was serious power and i upgraded it to a GT3071R which was awesome power easily over 400 BHP.

But on a starlet forging the block is the best and tryin to run that turbo you will easily see over 300 BHP depending on the setup

danturbo4311

Member +
Iv been experimenting with various garret turbos for a while now,from t28s on an 200sx with a .64 & .86 rear housing different wheels & housings etc. im now running a gt2860rs, dantheman used to run this turbo & the results spoke for itself, the gt2871R supposedly surges its arse of on a 4e however iv not tried it yet.