turbo heating up

smg88

Fresh Recruit
was wondering if any of yous lads could help me have a glanza that keeps heating the turbo red hot nearly see through , have a front mount and a fcd on her on my second turbo now its getting that hot it keep cracking in round the wast gate and the seals go straight away. could any of yous help me ????????

dac69er

Super Moderator
if all you have is a fcd and no fulling mods your car will be running leaner and run hotter as a result. if you thrash the car it can also make the turbo glow red hot. under normal driving and the odd blast glowing red hot wont do much harm as long as its not too bad and cools off reletively quickly.

ChrisGT

Member +
Jesus christ! I have never seen my tubby glow red hot, even after a serious, serious thrashing ! Like he said, if your just running high boost with an FCD and no fuelling mods to compensate your going to do some damage to both the turbo and the engine!

smg88

Fresh Recruit
well she was a rocket before i put the last turbo on could blow away vti's and all but now have to kinda wait to 4 and a half before any kick at all. have injectirs here out off some kind of mazda that were sent over from japan with her should i put them in , cheers

Chris@CCM

Member +
get ur fueling and timing set up rite mate should be grand after that . not hard to get a turbo red tho lol

smg88

Fresh Recruit
would u call 14psi over boosting , that is wat she is at but no while power these days. cheers for the help lads

TomS

Lifer
With no fueling mods yes 14 psi is too much, your car is running lean. you need to fit a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (rrfpr) and get the car set up on a dyno before you can run 14psi.

Spoonz

Member +
the injectors will solve the problem aswell just will run rich all the time i would get an ECU and youll be fine saves you an extra 130odd quid