Turbo opinion?

JDubz

Member +
Arite. My TD05 turbo just blew up if anyone read my recent thread..

I was talking to a guy last night and he was saying that my turbo couldnt handle anymore then 1bar of boost? Its a td05 16g mitsi turbo. (Im sure they could handle more?)

He was also saying that starlet make the post power in the low revs range? And that anything past 4k in revs wouldnt be making anymore power and that i would be better off getting a smaller turbo and i would see better results?

Also he said starlet have a oil problem with the turbo oil feed lines? And that i should get a leak test done?

Kinda confused so anyone wanna clear some light on this topic? lol.

nexia201

Member +
he is trying to feed you shit in my opinion
1st tdo5 wouldnt even be working below 1bar of boost
2nd yes might be that you do better with a smaller turbo depending on your set up.
3rd all engines have different power range but under 4,000rpm??? wtf?? did he think you have a diesel? the power range of the starlet is from about 3,000rpm when it comes into boost to 6,000rpm and when you have big turbo like tdo5 you need to go even more up maybe 7,100 - 7,500 rpm to get the best out of it as it will take more time to spool so power range would be shifted from 3,000 - 6,000 to 4,500 - 7500 rpm range.

JDubz

Member +
Thanks

Thanks alot... This is exactly what i thought. I was just puzzled after he told me all that information. So thought i would adress my issue here. Repp added!

nexia201

Member +
Thanks alot... This is exactly what i thought. I was just puzzled after he told me all that information. So thought i would adress my issue here. Repp added!

no probs mate just dont take everything people say some speak a lot of bs!

wickedep

Trader
looks like this guy doesnt know anything about starlets..or turbo motors for that matter :)

sacha
wickedEP Racing