Turbo options for a stock 4efte

cneculae

Member +
Hey guys
Is there a after market turbo that is bigger than the ct9 and can bolt up to the stock 4efte cast iron manifold?
thanks

Cristian

lingl9z

Member +
Hey guys
Is there a after market turbo that is bigger than the ct9 and can bolt up to the stock 4efte cast iron manifold?
thanks

Cristian

i'd say stock internals its best to use a ct9 hybrid although i think you can bolt a K26/24 up to stock manifold with an adaptor plate (someone correct me if im wrong!) Although its best to remove the stock manifold if your planning to use a bigger turbo as theres restrictions in runner 3 afaik which will lead to piston/ringland failure if too much boost is run, Best to go for an aftermarket mani from a trader on here before thinking about a bigger turbo! SPS do nice ones, not heard any complaints yet!
Tired so some stuff may be a bit off but im sure others will clarify/correct me!

Rich.

Mike_ep91

Member +
if your puttin on a new turbo you should be changing the stock mani.and td04's will fit if you can get hold of an adapter plate which bolts to the mani and then bolt the turbo to the plate.

Starbus

Member +
i'd say stock internals its best to use a ct9 hybrid although i think you can bolt a K26/24 up to stock manifold with an adaptor plate (someone correct me if im wrong!) Although its best to remove the stock manifold if your planning to use a bigger turbo as theres restrictions in runner 3 afaik which will lead to piston/ringland failure if too much boost is run, Best to go for an aftermarket mani from a trader on here before thinking about a bigger turbo! SPS do nice ones, not heard any complaints yet!
Tired so some stuff may be a bit off but im sure others will clarify/correct me!

Rich.

IMO a hybrid on a stock manifold is the worse thing you could run. I'm yet to see a hybrid that I thought was good and the stock manifold is shocking.

Something like a td04 on a nice manifold will be more reliable and give better results.

lingl9z

Member +
I know was just a guide, though i did say after best to replace with aftermarket mani before doing anything turbo wise!