turbo problems?

BomB191

Member +
hey guys/gals

well today i started up the GT so she could get warmed up a bit.
when she was warm i was reving it a bit and the bov wouldnt go off but it sounded like the turbo was fluttering or leaking. i let her idle for about 5 mins then did it again and the bov went off with no flutering noise coming from the turbo?

any ideas why it would be doing this?

this all happened when i was parked up

glanzanut

Lifer
yeah could be a crack in the manifold and when its heating up and expanding the crack is sealing itself again, just an idea bud!

thechomper

Member +
its the bov sticking and what you are hearing is turbo chatter,through your air filter ,bit of wd40 usally will do the job

starbogt

Member +
what bov you using? I lubed mine with wd40 but obviously it will spray over engine bay if not careful! I noticed my car when cold wasn't dumping but as it warmed up it did still does it now so unsure whether it was the bov or not

BomB191

Member +
GFB mach 1.

i looked at the bov and it did look a bit dry. (im working on it at the moment and it hasnt been driven for a few months)

ill give her a spray tomarrow and see if that is my problem

turboflow

Member +
hey guys/gals

well today i started up the GT so she could get warmed up a bit.
when she was warm i was reving it a bit and the bov wouldnt go off but it sounded like the turbo was fluttering or leaking. i let her idle for about 5 mins then did it again and the bov went off with no flutering noise coming from the turbo?

any ideas why it would be doing this?

this all happened when i was parked up

i had that mate it is your dump valve sticking, lube it up to be sure though

dantheman

Member +
yeah piston is probably stuck in the bov, best way to lube it is take it apart and give it a good clean out, and put a very light smear of general purpose grease around the piston

Rutger

Member +
mine does this aswell,
wen the engin is "cold" the bov doesnt go off,
wen its warmed up it still wont untill i giv it near full boost, after that it does it normally.
i dont no if this is normal.
its done this from the start when i bought it from new! (sard r2d2)

Rut