Turbo rebuild kit??

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Im going to be rebuild my CT20B turbo but im wondering weather i should go for the more expensive kit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....163064&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2657wt_989

OR the cheaper kit from Japan..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....362929&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1356wt_952

Im just looking for a few opinions on people that may have done rebuilds with cheaper kits and more expensive ones.. And the cons of a cheaper kit if any...

I like to do things properly but at the same time i try and save money, obviously. Im kind of on a budget here. But i would shell out more £££ for the better product if its worth it.

Cheers

corofin12345

Member +
thoss 2 kits look good bud.. toyosports are the ones not to go near.. sams kits are also good

do you know if the bearings are held in by circlips and does your turbo have a slieve bearing in the oil chamber?

Last edited:

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
leave it out dan, i will ring are turbo dude up tomorrow and see what he price's up, with come with year's warranty too

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I havent got a clue mate to be very honest with you..

Ive gone for the more expensive kit.. Would you say it would be alright rebuilding it without any machines to balance it etc.. Providing you mark the points etc? Just a little skeptical

Dan3SGTE

Member +
leave it out dan, i will ring are turbo dude up tomorrow and see what he price's up, with come with year's warranty too

Ive gone and bought the kit mate, and Wayne is gona rebuild it for me, cossie wayne.. Hes done a couple before..

How much does your guy normally charge as seriously on a budget dude!

corofin12345

Member +
I havent got a clue mate to be very honest with you..

Ive gone for the more expensive kit.. Would you say it would be alright rebuilding it without any machines to balance it etc.. Providing you mark the points etc? Just a little skeptical

if the shaft isnt worn then no need for a balance but the chances are it is.. ive rebuilt a few ct9's now but the shafts were in good nick.. as gaz said.. you may be better off just getting a replacement cause they can be a bitch to work on

edit; if someone else is doing it then spot on.. you can blame him if it goes wrong.. lol

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
normally 200-300 quid im sure, i'll ring em and ask for ya, there turbo's are gash so might be worth getting the pro's to do it and have it balanced right and ya get ya warranty too

Dan3SGTE

Member +
if the shaft isnt worn then no need for a balance but the chances are it is.. ive rebuilt a few ct9's now but the shafts were in good nick.. as gaz said.. you may be better off just getting a replacement cause they can be a bitch to work on

edit; if someone else is doing it then spot on.. you can blame him if it goes wrong.. lol

Well we'll see when my guy takes it apart! And yes, i can blame him lol! Although he has already told me it should be fine but he cant guarantee me.. Great lol.

Cheers for your input mate!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
normally 200-300 quid im sure, i'll ring em and ask for ya, there turbo's are gash so might be worth getting the pro's to do it and have it balanced right and ya get ya warranty too

Just cant afford that cash at the mo :(

If this turbo blows again im buying a fucking GT28 lol... Yeah they are shit turbos. Shafts are alright they just blow seals easy and compressors break. Not sure if mine is the steel shaft or ceramic..

Dan3SGTE

Member +
wayne gonna rebuild the engine too dude, got my engine out today!!! lol

Yeah man hes gona rip it apart and check everything and go from there... Hopefully my blocks sweet.. If it aint then we gona throw a 2nd hand engine in there.. There is a rev 3 going for £1K, just block/head though but dont need anything as got everything already there. Need a 3 inch exhaust made up but will do that after the build on the running in.. RSR jobby will do.. No boxes, shouldnt be much..

You got it out today yeah? you gona build the bottom end back up?

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
sounds like a plan batman, new ring's bearing's HG and your away dude
yeah sam story as your's strip out rebuild and WACK the boost up!!! lol