Turbo selection advice

heathw

Fresh Recruit
Hi, im running a turboed 5efhe (low compression 4e pistons) with emanage blue setup, standard exhaust and turbo. ive been told i need to upgrade my turbo and exhaust as boost is currently limited to < 10psi, which is limiting performance. Im wanting to get 15psi and use car as daily driver. I will be changing the turbo and exhaust at same time. Please help me with the following:

Which turbos do you recommend?
What size compressor wheel, A/R ratio, exducer bore, etc do you recommend?
Are there any compressor maps available for the recommended turbos?
What is a suitable exhaust size?

Cheers

Last edited:

simonleeds

Member +
you can run 1bar on standard turbo mate but your probs best looking for a hybrid ct9 have a search mate you'll find lts of info

glanzanut

Lifer
You should maybe look into fitting one of the vf series turbos mate, same flanges as a td04 but bb with a big punch.:freddy:

Which turbos do you recommend?---forget any ct9 or hybrid ct9,,look into getting a gt25/tod4 at minimal....u can use gt28/t28/td05 or equivalent with good repsonse and overall results

What size compressor wheel, A/R ratio, exducer bore, etc do you recommend?
depends on what u want from the car...no one can guess what your needs will be

Are there any compressor maps available for the recommended turbos?---some sites have maps for some turbos...tdo4, tdo5, garrett usually have maps online

What is a suitable exhaust size? a 2.5" - 3.0" exhaust will do u well...inlcuding the down pipe

:cool: