turbo smoke

kieran.s gt

Member +
ever since i fitted a decat im getting alot of white smoke with a slight tinge of blue on idle so i put it down to turbo seals and i changed the turbo 2 days ago and it still smoking the same on idle
just wondering would it take a while for the old oil to go away from the decat or is this turbo gone aswell
thanks in advance

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
is the decat leaking?try the paper test.

When i fitted mine the gasket was fooked and it caused this somehow

Mike_ep91

Member +
what kind of a decat did ya put on??becuase theres no restriction from the cat you will have more smoke coming out of the car.

Mike_ep91

Member +
usually if its white smoke it aint bad but if its blueish id be very worried.i need to change the decat to exhaust gasket too though which mite be why im getting smoke.

gedis

Member +
could be the turbo aswell i seen few high mileage ones go when boost is upped. did you raised the boost after decat

Matchew

Member +
usually if its white smoke it aint bad but if its blueish id be very worried.i need to change the decat to exhaust gasket too though which mite be why im getting smoke.

there was a lad who was asking about decat to exhaust gasket and u carent get um from toyota u have 2 use exhaust paste which is what i used on my mates ep82 and was spot on,no smoke etc

Tony Harrison

Member +
Yeah you can get the round ones that squash up easy, then just make another one thats like a triangle to stop the two metal faces touching off the de-cat to exhaust....

kieran.s gt

Member +
ok done a compression test and its okay so i think now its either turbo seals again or valve stem oil seals how can i know for sure which one it is
thanks in advance

GlanzaV.Tee

Member +
check your intake manifold for oil if there is then its the turbo. i had my original glanza turbo recond and cured the problem there was 2 much carbon on the old turbine shaft so had a new one fitted with 2 years and i repeat 2 years warranty if anyone wants info on who recond it let me know i will up details. anyways back to thread just check intake if its oily that would be the turbo if it aint will be valve stems but would be hard to tell really and a 2nd hand turbo wont really do wont last