Turbo squeal

logikal

Fresh Recruit
Car:
Standard, Factory Lo-Hi Boost controller, CT9 boosting about 10psi. (about 0.65bar)

Hey guys,

Recently I have started noticing a high pitch squeal coming from the turbo when at full boost.

This only happens when the Lo-Hi Boost mode is set to Hi and when its reached top boost of around about 10psi or 0.65bar.

Also my flatmate has told me that my car is smoking black/blue in the morning when I goto work.

Any ideas?

take off intercooler pipes (turbo to ic rather than after the ic) and check for oil, as turbo seals could have gone if its putting out some blue smoke. if its a light film the seals are probs holding for now if its got a lot in then more than likely turbo seals...

could also be other issues but thats the easiest to check first =)

logikal

Fresh Recruit
Yes there was oil in the IC piping last time i had it off, not a lot just a film around the edges.

Also i have noticed a very small amount of oil coming out of the BOV (just enough to change the color of my finger when i wipe it off)

i'd still whip it off and check again, but blue smoke usually means the oils going through the engine and not just straight outa the exhaust... another thing just start up the car and just let it idle til it gets warmed up fully & watch for it at the back, then rev it moderatly so the turbo just starts to spool then lift off & see if it kicks any out, or a little drive and when u lift off watch in your mirror's for any.