turbo timer stopped working

j4cko

Member +
Ive had my new manifold and fuel pump fitted today and now my turbo timer doesnt work, the lights are on, but the engine just turns straight off? any ideas??

j4cko

Member +
ok mate cheers, i guess he must have dislodged summin wen he disconnected the battery to do the fuel pump, i shall have a look

j4cko

Member +
just had a quick look round and all i can see is a loose wire in the engine bay near the battery. it is in the same sleeving as the wires to the alarm siren so im guessing it is something to do with the alarm circuit, i thought it could be an earth as it was right nxt to the battery, but that didnt help- so god knows!

Stryfe_NZL

Member +
If you had the battery disconnected, you may need to set up the t-timer again?
(you may also have fried it... but thats worst case scenario)

j4cko

Member +
i dont think it can be set up, its an old hks one, just has buttons for the time and an off button. im going to try the old trick of disconnecting the battery and hoping lol

j4cko

Member +
im taking it back to the garage 2moro, has anybody else got any ideas about what could have caused this?

j4cko

Member +
well i havent got this sorted yet, going to get an auto electrician to look at it. i was told by the mechanic that he didnt disconnect the battery when he changed the fuel pump?! i find this slightly concerning...