TVIS new keyfob programming help?

rmsnoel

Member +
Lost my old key fob for my factory tvis alarm system on the paseo. Can anyone remember how to program in the new key fob, it has somethiong to do with the green button on the alarm ecu.

Its a TVIS IIIB

BallıGee

Member +
theres a box (ecu) behind the glovebox with a metal plate coving the button
press it with the doors closed igntion on should here it relay click then press the button on the remote

regards gee

rmsnoel

Member +
This is a second key fob from the breakers yard. Igintion on green button pushed and held til alarm light comes on. No click until i opened the door. I heard relay click but no luck

rmsnoel

Member +
Naw I found it ok as I done this about two years ago on same car I just cant remember the procedure with the buttons. Tried it there but it didnt work. Were'd you get your info?

Get into car close doors, ignition to on, push green button (do i hold it to hear click or what) then simply push new key fob lock button once?

BallıGee

Member +
try this doors closed key on acc press button on ecu you should hear it click
press both or just lock to agknowlgde

if you wait till 2morro i will look in the book for you when im back at work

rmsnoel

Member +
I'll wait til tomorrow man Im having no luck and no relay click.

TVIS IIIB part num ends 940

Keyfob says TVIS III on the back and part num ends 0080
96-99 uk paseo

Texx

Super Moderator
Press and hold the green button until the red LED stays on (approx 5 secs), then press both remote buttons together until the indicators flash once. Now try setting the alarm.

With a bit of luck the doors will lock and the alarm will arm.

rmsnoel

Member +
No luck texx, light comes on and stays red, should I somehow reset the key fob before trying this?

Texx

Super Moderator
You can try holding down the unlock button on the fob for 30 seconds, but unless the fob is coded to the control unit I doubt it will cycle the codes.

Texx

Super Moderator
You might need to clear the control unit first if there are already 4 codes stored.

• Ignition key in ACC position
  • Hold green button until the red light comes on
  • Release the green button
  • Hold the green button again until the indicators flash twice

Then try programming it again

• Ignition key in ACC position
  • Hold green button until the red light comes on
  • Release the green button
  • Hold both buttons on the fob until indicators flash once

This might help you:

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/aimuploads/%7B2DBD4CB8-E675-48C8-885C-B390637517A5%7D/TVSS%203%20(b)%20Setting%20guide%20en.pdf