twitchy steering

ALaN

Member +
just had new tyres fitted front and rear, changed from 55 profile to 50s and at high speeds the steering is now rather twitchy and at low speeds when you move the steering wheel from side to side it almost feels like its lifting a rear wheel.
only suspension mods are kyb hillclimb shocks,random jap springs (potenza lol),oe strut brace and JD tuning lower arm bar.

any ideas or similar problems?

glanzanut

Lifer
mmm check tire pressures, also that wheel nuts are tight, the car could also be tracking on the road a bit more with it bein lower profile.:freddy:

ALaN

Member +
problem solved! The tyres were at 35psi! Lol not sure what the glanza should be but i dropped it to 29 and its running like a dream now.
Bit more roll in the tyres round a smooth bend but its better than fearing for your life on a not so smooth 1 haha
Rep added glanza nut

*edit rep will be added when i get on my comp, it wont let me do it on my mob*

what make of tyres did you fit?

reason i asked is it will depend on the pressure put in. Certain tyres i.e michelin and toyo proxies tend to have a softer sidewall hence needing perhaps say 32psi to firm up the sidewalls more whereas certain tyres will run better at 30psi.

ALaN

Member +
i've got bridgestones on the front had them on for a few weeks now but dont rate them at all but it turned out they broke traction so easily because the amount of pressure in them.
Had uniroyal rainsport 2s fitted to the back on saturday with the intention of swapping the wheels to the front just not got round to it yet.
The uniroyals were at 30psi and the bridgestones were at 35! Lol
Just had it out a wee spin again there and even in the wet it has totally transformed.
Oh and any1 in the glasgow area looking for tyres check out performance tyres in anniesland industrial estate, the lads in there done me 2 rainsports for 59 quid! Bonus
Oh and they do 888s too :)

Thanks again for the help guys

i've got bridgestones on the front had them on for a few weeks now but dont rate them at all but it turned out they broke traction so easily because the amount of pressure in them.
Had uniroyal rainsport 2s fitted to the back on saturday with the intention of swapping the wheels to the front just not got round to it yet.
The uniroyals were at 30psi and the bridgestones were at 35! Lol
Just had it out a wee spin again there and even in the wet it has totally transformed.
Oh and any1 in the glasgow area looking for tyres check out performance tyres in anniesland industrial estate, the lads in there done me 2 rainsports for 59 quid! Bonus
Oh and they do 888s too :)

Thanks again for the help guys

The more pressure the less contact surface on the road i.e whats happened with yours the middle section is doing the contact and giving you poor grip.

performance tyres pffft ATS EUROMASTER FTW boya! comeon the lads :p