ufc???

pig666eon

Member +
ill see it tomorrow tho looks good tho its class to watch wanted to get into it myself like the fighting end of it dosent matter how big you are your still gona get hurt ha

danb87

South East England Area Rep
yea im into ufc, i watched it last night, also watched the floyd mayweather fite, i recently startted going to a mma gym, its harder than i thought it would be. my coach said i have got to train in to forms of mma, so at the moment im researching what to do... what you lot think?

scot-ish

Member +
i watched it, pretty into ufc like, followed it for bout 8 years or so, always wanted to get into mma, but no time for it with the way work is, and in all honesty, dont have the discipline to train that hard, only done kickboxing and boxing the last year or two, but would love to get more into it

103 aint that good to be honest, was decent, if your right into it, try downloading the 100 greatest fights, awesome, makes you wanna cause a row after only watchin a couple lol

scot-ish

Member +
yea im into ufc, i watched it last night, also watched the floyd mayweather fite, i recently startted going to a mma gym, its harder than i thought it would be. my coach said i have got to train in to forms of mma, so at the moment im researching what to do... what you lot think?

i would recomend juijitsu, wrestling is probably the best to start, but it aint available in the uk as much as america, so would recomend jui jitsu, and also muay thai as good basics, thats what im guna try gettin into once i get quite fit again

danb87

i would recomend juijitsu, wrestling is probably the best to start, but it aint available in the uk as much as america, so would recomend jui jitsu, and also muay thai as good basics, thats what im guna try gettin into once i get quite fit again

yea i was thinking brazillian jujitsu, and boxing i already have back ground in boxing, i was guna train these as main skills but also do muay thai n wrestling as it would be good to have an alround game, michael bisping has a mma gym 45 mins away from where i live i was going to go up there and see about getting in with a well known run gym.

scot-ish

Member +
i can imagine it wont be very cheap, ive never went to an mma gym, i dont have the fitness, and would be quite embarressed to turn up, and not have any sort of fitness level, but as said, would love to get into it

danb87

i can imagine it wont be very cheap, ive never went to an mma gym, i dont have the fitness, and would be quite embarressed to turn up, and not have any sort of fitness level, but as said, would love to get into it

not everything is about the fitness its about will power, thats how i get along when i get the desire to accomplish something it pushes me harder an harder. but i love doing the training.

UFC 103 was a good one,

As for styles, you will notice that alot of the fighters use Muay thai for stand up and Brazilian Jiujitsu on the ground. Thats what i would train in, easy to get into and plenty of clubs around to get into it.