Ufortunately it's dead

browndk04

Fresh Recruit
The time i've had with my glanza has been eventful to say the least. I swapped my c20xe corsa for it 3/4 months ago with a friend. The bonnet had flew up and smashed the windscreen and bent the bonnet like a banana. I swapped him and fixed all the damage and began driving it :) Unfortunately it was plagued with problems and constantly needing attention and money. And recently after a compression test i've found out the engines shot. :( So after loosing interest in it pretty fast it's being broken. Just letting you know :p

dac69er

Super Moderator
alot of the problem with cheaper motors is people dont tend to look after them and abuse them. if your lucky you will be ok, but on the odd occassion the damage has been done :(

alot of the problem with cheaper motors is people dont tend to look after them and abuse them. if your lucky you will be ok, but on the odd occassion the damage has been done :(

That is true dac69er I payed a lot of money for my car 5 years ago and to date i didnt have to replace one part on her. mybe i was lucky with the car but it is like this if you look after a car it will look after you :)

browndk04

Fresh Recruit
Safe to say i was pretty unlucky. Trusted a friend when i should have looked the car over right. I don't have the funds to buy another engine so unfortunately it's getting broke. Only way i'll get some money back these days :(

dark_knight

Member +
bonnet?

@browndk04: just wondering, how did the bonnet come off and fly into the windscreen..? isn't it latched and secured and the front, & additionally with the lock-hooks at the hinges towards the rear..?

browndk04

Fresh Recruit
It didn't come off it flew up and hit the windscreen. The lad who had it before me hacked away alot of the front to fit a massive font mount so the bonnet catch had no support and flexed. Resulting in the bonnet not being secured down correctly. Alot of his work was pretty shoddy lol

browndk04

Fresh Recruit
It snapped one of the hinges. He wasn't hanging about either when it happened. Lucky he didn't do any more damage. Idiot! :mad:

dark_knight

Member +
dangerous

@browndk04: this is the part where you go and b!$%@-slap him behind the head. bugger! that's just downright dangerous.. :(