UK Royal Mail quick question

In the UK can you get letters / parcels sent to your name using your local Post Office address?

ie. F.A.O. Michael Jackson, London Post Office, London etc...

I know in Ireland if I want to get some item sent to the Post Office I can do that and collect it there instead of been delivered to my house.

If you know the answer or unsure of the question then feel free to post:)

Gryzor

Admin
not that I know of.
It will been held at the local post office if its sent registered and can't be signed for at the delivery address.

lingl9z

Member +
I think i know what you mean, IE you send an item to croydon post office, FAO richard ling, then i go to the post office and collect? collected something this way before however they will need proof of idea, this was a good year ago or so though.

clarkytrd

Member +
In the UK can you get letters / parcels sent to your name using your local Post Office address?

ie. F.A.O. Michael Jackson, London Post Office, London etc...

I know in Ireland if I want to get some item sent to the Post Office I can do that and collect it there instead of been delivered to my house.

If you know the answer or unsure of the question then feel free to post:)

hey aidan, yeah i bought stuff from toy tuning, will that be delivered to my house or post office??

and a quick question... how do i go about sendin an exhaust to the uk??

post office, sorting office?!?!? how do i send it and how much will they charge for the delivery to the uk???

lingl9z

Member +
Post office seems to charge alot to send to/from N.I / ireland! i usually use a courier (to ireland) p4d.co.uk

clarkytrd

Member +
Post office seems to charge alot to send to/from N.I / ireland! i usually use a courier (to ireland) p4d.co.uk

how do i go about gettin a courier from ireland, and do they collect it at my house or where??

i need all info u can give me on how to send stuff to uk....

and what are the charges???

ChrisGT

Member +
how do i go about gettin a courier from ireland, and do they collect it at my house or where??

i need all info u can give me on how to send stuff to uk....

and what are the charges???

http://www.parcel2go.com/ try here, simply enter the weight and dimensions of what you want to send, then choose collection country and destination country - it will give you a quote. Usually quite cheap, you can then book it online and they will pick it up and deliver it for you.