Undersealing, Who's done it?!

clarkytrd

Member +
Want to give my underbody a good clean and underseal it too.

Who has it done?

What products are needed?

Whats the procedure?

Can the arches be done too?

All help needed as I've never done it before and wanna get it done while the car is still on the axle stands.

Thanks for the help
John

dac69er

Super Moderator
i wouldnt do it this weather. and tbh, if the car is more than a few days old or has seen any shitty dirty roads then its debatable whether it does more harm than good.

Foggy

Member +
I dont think there is much point on irish roads as we dont salt them.
Unless you found surface rust?

Foggy

Member +
No we grit them think we use the odd bit of salt in the very very cold weather other than that no.
English cars are c**ts for rust. Tbh id never buy a enlgish car unless it was fairly new.

jam35

Member +
have you got a compressor?if so buy a schultz gun and 3 cand af schultz clen up any surface rust with a wire wheel, paint the bad areas with hammerite rust renovator, leave for a few hours and spray away.if you havent got a compressor you can buy waxoil in an aerosol can, to do the bottom of the car and all the arches you will need around 10 cans.hope this helps

neilcliop

Member +
clarky u on dtd gunner gtr i i think his username will be doing few lads cars including my glanza pm him and he tell ya exactly what ya need

clarkytrd

Member +
Might give the underbody a good cleaning tomorrow before I attempt the undersealing.

Anyone any tips for me on how to go about this?!

Never tried it before so, is it just a matter of scrubbing it down, washing it and then seal it?!

Any help appreciated

John

Underseling is the easy part,it is cleaning it and getin it really clean before hand is the c**t.give the under body a good cleaning.is it a bare shell you have are is there much stuff in the way if so it will be much harder to do and you won't get a good finish..

Rory

Lifer
Power wash the underside then let it dry completely for a week or so.
Remove trims like bumpers etc, or mask if you want to risk it.
Wire brush the area you want to waxoyl / underseal.

Waxoyl / under seal away :)

If your wanting the arches done, you had better take the plastic liners out and get in behind them, no point in doing half a job.

I used a compressor to spray the waxoyl on, litteraly coated anything in sight :D Inc the chassis rails.