uprated actuator and ebc

Red Hot

Member +
Did a search but coudn't find a good awnser.
When using a ebc, an uprated actuator isn't nessesry. BUT, is it better? Yes, it has a stronger spring, but it has to be adjusted to a low boost level and have te ebc do all the work.

So would there be any point at all having a uprated actuator when a ebc is used?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
mine wasnt weak it held fairly good, but now it holds all the way to 7k, i havent tried past that incase boom!!

But a good investment i think

Red Hot

Member +
I want to be on the safe side.
So a weak spring also could be a problem with a ebc?

I thought that with a ebc there will be no pressure at the actuator at all untill the preset boost level is reached thus even a weak actuator it should still work great? At least, that was my theory:p

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
With a week spring if it was set to say 1 bar it will start to open at about .8 but not open fully untill 1 bar so u loose power.

Now a boost controller be it a MBC or EBC is a good thing even if you don't wanna raise the boost because it will bleed off pressure so the spring can open closer to the desired setting rather than leaking as it gets close to it.

This is how i understood it and correct me anyone if i talking complete poo!

But a decent spring = better in my opinoin.

Red Hot

Member +
But does a week spring actuator also opens when an ebc is used. With a mbc or no bc, there will be a bit of pressure on the actuator before the max. boost which will have the week spring actuator opened before the max boost.
With the ebc, no pressure will be at the actuator until the maximum is reached.
What I'm trying to say, is that with a ebc the spring must be very weak if it's not holding boost.

Has anyone ever had a problem with a standard actuator and ebc?