Urgent... 1 month to get the car running

Gtjond

Member +
Hey guys and girls,
slightly stressed at the minute... basically 2 months ago i spun a shell while driving home from a show. i found a replacment engine and spent a couple of weeks replacing all servicable items (oil pump, water pump ect) , painting ect.
4 days after getting the car running the new engine decided to throw a rod causing massive damage to the block and sump ( can only put this down the recently fitted aftermarket ECU)

really need to get the car running before the 4th Aug as im going traveling for a year.
i have sent the 1st crank off to and engineering company to see if it could be reground. they said it was to damaged for repair. so iv got some options that i want peoples advice on

- cut my loses and buy a new engine / bottom end
- take the crank out of the 2nd engine (which threw the rod) and see if that one is any good, find a new sump and strainer and try and build a good engine out of the 2.

would there be any damage to the crank when throwing a rod as the shells are still intact, and it broke from the top of the con rod?

if anyone has a engine, bottom end, sump or strainer for an 82 please let me know

thanks

ep82morzy

Member +
I would be stripping the 2nd engine that spat a rod out..check the crank and all other necessary bits,if need be send it away to get it checked/polished..use the other Rods and piston from your 1st block and build one good bottom end.and then ita up to you which head you use,you could have it all done in a couple of days solid work. Rather than spurcing an engine that would cost alot more than using components from 2 engines