urgent advice needed!!!

wesgt

Lifer
ok i have my crx for sale, 2 lads came to look at it this evening, brought it for a test drive, were gone for a good 20 minutes, and yes i know it was stupid to let them off on there own, but they left the cash with me and the keys of there car. anyway, they didnt take it, but soon after they left the local police arrived down to the house, the guard said he was on his way into work when he came up behind the crx and it shot off, he was in his own car so no proof of speed or anything. said the car was doing an awful speed and that he's doing me for dangerous driving, when i wasn't even in the car. he obviously didn't catch up to them or pull them in to see who was driving the car, so he's assuming it was me. the lad called me on private number, so have no contact number or the reg of the car they were driving, only that they were from dublin. where do i stand?

corofin12345

Member +
ok i have my crx for sale, 2 lads came to look at it this evening, brought it for a test drive, were gone for a good 20 minutes, and yes i know it was stupid to let them off on there own, but they left the cash with me and the keys of there car. anyway, they didnt take it, but soon after they left the local police arrived down to the house, the guard said he was on his way into work when he came up behind the crx and it shot off, he was in his own car so no proof of speed or anything. said the car was doing an awful speed and that he's doing me for dangerous driving, when i wasn't even in the car. he obviously didn't catch up to them or pull them in to see who was driving the car, so he's assuming it was me. the lad called me on private number, so have no contact number or the reg of the car they were driving, only that they were from dublin. where do i stand?

they have no proof..

wesgt

Lifer
they have no proof..

yeh was thinking that. was just worried, my girlfriend live 40mins away so i can't afford to lose my licence with work also. when i tried to explain to the guard that the car was for sale and that lads were test driving it, he said thats bollox and that he'd see me in court. but as he was walking away he said that if he got me doing anything again he'd arrest me?!

corofin12345

Member +
hmmm.. nothing will prob happen so..hopefully.. so does the gard know you or what.. how did he kno where 2 find ya and where where the lads at this stage

wesgt

Lifer
oh they were gone, would have been halfway back to dublin. i live in a small town, he would have known the car.

he'd see me in court.

He won't have any sway in court other than that the people were driving were driving recklessly.
He can't prove you were the one driving which is what will matter when it goes to court.
Contact your phone service provider and get an itemised statement with all calls on it, pinpoint the one your after and tell the police that that's the number they will be able to get your phone company to give them the phone number.

It'll be up to the Judge and whether he believes you, get a good barrister.