urgent advice on electric windows pleeeese

my drivers side window wont close??? ive checked the fuse and seems to be fine, i cant seem to get the passenger one to work either, so i dont think its the window motor etc, apart from a blown fuse what else could have done this does anyone know? or how i can test for problems to rule things out??:confused:

they were workin fine until i connected up a rear fog light for me MOT, which had already been wired up by the previous owner, as far as i can see the wires dont cross

anyone know what else the window fuse would short if it was a so i can check, i gta manual n that says the cig lighter,clock, n radio but there all fine its just the elecy windows that dont! its boggling my mind pleeese sum 1 help......i need to close my window itsa tad chilly like:(
much apreciated peops
suzie

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Take off the switch panel on the door and check it for power,trace it back.Sorry thats all i can think of at the moment as im half asleep.

I seem to remember there being a fuse behind the dash on the driver side,like the cone shaped ones in the engine bay that controls them aswell

weeJohn

Lifer
Does the drivers door switch still operate the passenger side window? If it does then the fault could well be in the switch itself, if it doesnt then its a general power problem. Check the plug where the wires come out the drivers door is fully in, its possible it was disturbed when you were in that area doing the fog light.

If all else fails you can take off the door card and put 12 volts directly from the battery to the window motor to get the window up.

toni

Fresh Recruit
mine arent working either.
where is the fuse behind the dash located?
do i have to dismantle the dashboard? or are you referring to the fusebox underneath the steerning?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Id take off the dash under the steering wheel.
First take of the drivers plastic side sill.
Then take off the corner piece near the door.
Then get the 4 screws (One on each corner of the panel)
Pull that back and have a look up around the steering colum for a circle (top hat shape) fuse and i think theres another on on the same block.
Its that you have to change.
Just make sure the windows aren't getting power,the motor is burnt out,switch isn't faulty on one side etc

toni

Fresh Recruit
Id take off the dash under the steering wheel.
First take of the drivers plastic side sill.
Then take off the corner piece near the door.
Then get the 4 screws (One on each corner of the panel)
Pull that back and have a look up around the steering colum for a circle (top hat shape) fuse and i think theres another on on the same block.
Its that you have to change.
Just make sure the windows aren't getting power,the motor is burnt out,switch isn't faulty on one side etc

dont think its a switch or a motor because both sides are not working .
anyone has any links for the circuit diagram please ?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I dont have pictures of one on a starlet but if you look in your fuse box under the bonnet it looks like the circle one there.