Urgent car seems like it missfireing

basketash

Member +
i need help iv got a stock glanza . since import a month ago all its had is new oil filter and oil. when i got it it seemed to missfire. i ran it for a day and thr problem seemed to go away. comming home from college today in 4th gear i put my foot time and this problem re accured. its as i the engine miss fireing. i need help any suggestions please:ep91:

cole

Member +
change spark plugs
ht leads
dizzy cap and rotar arm will proberbly just be the leads but take the plugs out and check them 1st
its worth changing the lot as u no its good then

rb69

Member +
Could just be wear and tear mate, don't worry too much. I had the exact same problem and it was one spark plug that was buggered.

basketash

Member +
since the wheather has picked up and the cars had time to dry out it seems to have stoped so i recon its moisture getin in somemhere because i was driving in terrible rain yesterday any suggestions.

dac69er

Super Moderator
change the things mentioned. it could do with a service anyway so its not exactly money wasted. a full service will make the car perform better in every way

Toddi

Member +
Mine was doing the same when the turbo was boosting, changed the spark plugs to ngk's and it fixed the problem, not had it since.