urgent help needed!

97glanzat

Member +
i finishd my engine last nyte...it had a cooling problom which resulted in the stripping of the head,

to the best of my knoledge and a few friends over the past 2months we have been sourcing parts and preping othes...

i got the head fully reconditioned...skimed,oil seals,preasure tested.

new head gasket...it is a momentium multi layer steel gasket 1.2mm
new head bolts and washers,thermostat,waterpump,hoses,all filters and seals,all new fluids, timing belt tensioner and idler. s/s exhaust mani leads and plugs and cold air intake at the bumper.

we fired it up yesterday with te normal teething probloms and only loosing a small bit of coolant from a temp sensor on the thermostat housing.

i have notice that the engine is starting to chugg a slight bit with a slight amount of water coming out of the exhaust, i also have a slight white residue on the oil cap?could this just b as the engine hasnt been run in 2 months? also i have yet to c the rad fan kick in??
have i done somthing wrong? the temp gauge on the dash is jst below half and the aux temp gauge is between 80-90degrees??

any help would be greatly appricated! rep will b added!

97glanzat

Member +
i had the block cheackd and it was sait to be good thr was no warpages so it was cleaned and cheakd for flatness and it was spot on....the only reason i skimmed the head was as a preacution.

we got the car running last night and all was fine jst taking it easy around town only did a few miles.

aslso when i step on the throttel the aux tep will go from 80-90d right down and when u let off it will return to normall!??? airlock maby?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
did u mix up the vacum wires on the plenum up just by chance?

get them cheked as they are very easy to mix up with the water ones going to the throttle body.. its a very common beginners mistake..

would check it out buddy just incase.

kon