USA Spec Nitendoe Wii

Cooch

Member +
As above will a USA spec Wii work here?
My other half goes to the USA in a couple of weeks time and just wondered if she got me a Wii whether it would worl in good old U.K or are they still NSTC out there?

Cheers in advance Cooch

tosa2tosa

Member +
surely the transformer wudnt work
plus then ud av to buy only US format games

recon u shud jus buy 1 here
got mine for my 21st off my gf in july, right gud laf!

Monkfish

Member +
You'd have to check the voltage rating on the transformer/Wii. I'm sure USA are on 115v as opposed to the UK's 240v. Plus, the console will only play USA region (1 I think) games and likely output in NTSC, so you'd need a TV capable of taking an NTSC input (Europe is PAL) and you'd also need to make sure the games are the correct region (ie, USA).

In short, for the few pounds you'd save, it would just be easier to buy one from the UK and have the peace of mind of having a warranty.

/2 pence :)

tosa2tosa

Member +
You'd have to check the voltage rating on the transformer/Wii. I'm sure USA are on 115v as opposed to the UK's 240v. Plus, the console will only play USA region (1 I think) games and likely output in NTSC, so you'd need a TV capable of taking an NTSC input (Europe is PAL) and you'd also need to make sure the games are the correct region (ie, USA).

In short, for the few pounds you'd save, it would just be easier to buy one from the UK and have the peace of mind of having a warranty.

/2 pence :)

basically a more in depth version as wot i said lol :p
def the best way to go
especially as monkfish said about the warrenty,the wii's had alot of probs wen they came out, u might get a dodge 1!
if u know a student then u can get 10% off hmv

riko666

Member +
if you're a good enough friend of mine, I can get one in december - they're a good 40-50% cheaper in Saudi. I can get a PS3 for £340 (as opposed to £550 here) in Saudi

Timmy

Member +
US voltage is the same your problem is the hertz. I'm unsure what effects it will have on the wii. It will surely work to start with but i know other electrical items slowly die from the difference.

Dave.

Member +
if you're a good enough friend of mine, I can get one in december - they're a good 40-50% cheaper in Saudi. I can get a PS3 for £340 (as opposed to £550 here) in Saudi

all good with a ps3 though, no game regions with them iirc...